Transfer Portal watch

I looked at his stats and they confirm what you're saying. If Flo didn't call him out as a stealth recruit, I would've completely ignored him as a non-candidate.

However, Mario is following him on Twitter and so is Addae. I created a thread on him just in case something comes of this.

I guess a depth/devt'l piece. Have to think Mario studied him from his high school days.
In a round about way, this is what concerns me with safety - finding a viable, talented candidate to come in knowing they'll sit behind Kam and in a likelihood James. Would loved to have landed Hussey.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Patke sending us a gift from his new gig?

Posted offers from Marshall, Georgia Southern, Arizona St & Miami. 2 years of eligibility.

6'2 290 (per Texas St roster)

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 10.10.34 AM.png

On PFF's Top 10 DL in the portal. Thomas Gore is #1, Sears is #9

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 10.12.02 AM.png

Last edited:

Posted offers from Marshall, Georgia Southern, Arizona St & Miami. 2 years of eligibility.

View attachment 222051

View attachment 222052

They seem to be looking for depth. Not starters. They must like JHH a lot still.

They seem to be looking for depth. Not starters. They must like JHH a lot still.
*role players, not depth. At iDL, this team needs guys that eat up good snaps.

Id like to be in more on Fiske, but it is what it is. I like the addition of Gore. idk anything about this Sears cat.

Advertisement
*role players, not depth. At iDL, this team needs guys that eat up good snaps.

Id like to be in more on Fiske, but it is what it is. I like the addition of Gore. idk anything about this Sears cat.
Role player imo. Not an explosive guy like Gore.

Advertisement
We did that last year with Moultrie and Litchenstein and they did nothing unfortunately. In my opinion you should only take portal players that you believe can play significant snaps.

Agreed.
You often hear rationalizing interest of certain players as merely "depth pieces (lawd, I hate that term)", but as if often the case, those so-called depth pieces often become starters when injuries happen, so they better be good.

Advertisement

View attachment 222051

View attachment 222052

Patke is at Incarnate Word still struggling with inside zones, crossing routes, and Tight Ends in the flats.

Advertisement
Back