Transfer Portal watch

I couldn’t sell his pops on waiting it out, one of my younger brothers went to mizzou so we had that existing family connection.
So there was a hint of subtlety towards us? Don't blame him tbh. I hope big things are coming to the U instead now.

Advertisement
This is exactly why people like Ruiz and Donno shouldn't give him the time of day. It lends him some degree of credibility that he clearly should not have.

Ohhhhh this is the dude on Donno the other day that said Kevin Smith in the doghouse. But his got some stuff right? He said Darrell Jackson would transfer out a few weeks back

Advertisement
Why would he be taking a subtle shot at us? Think you reachin hard
As SPC alluded to, maybe not UM specifically, but all schools who were slow to show their hand (lyrics or not, they can be used to represent our inner thoughts).

Some schools have their own timelines to do their vetting and not only extending offers but putting together their NIL deals too. Wouldn't be surprised if Mizzou was all in from jump and he didn't want to keep waiting on others. As fans, we want immediate portal commitments, but this is pretty new and probably hard to juggle concurrently with HS recruiting, not to mention likely staff shakeups. I get it, but..

I'm pretty sure the portal guys want to figure out quick where they will go next. And as such, we are bound to miss out like this.

My big takeaway is that I hope the coaches feel confident in their HS recruiting that they don't jump on kids like that. We need some ready to play skill position players. Inniss would qualify from HS ranks.. but not sure many other of our supposed targets would be able to step in and play day 1 like some of these portal kids could.

Advertisement

house rules tim GIF by Channel 7

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back