Transfer Portal watch

honestly sad as a lot of these kids are giving up a free education and many of them won't find landing spots

the vast majority will move down in program for playing time. some names will make splashes but overall a blood bath for the non elite transfers

Some might not have a choice and are getting processed out by the coaching staff.

Advertisement
honestly sad as a lot of these kids are giving up a free education and many of them won't find landing spots

the vast majority will move down in program for playing time. some names will make splashes but overall a blood bath for the non elite transfers

It is tough. FCS schools will be first to reach out to the non-stars. Just have to decide and weigh options if you have some. One of my best friend's son did the portal few years ago and thankfully wasn't this crazy!

O e would think the transfers timelines would be pretty quick, no?
several commitments already today. most people are playing this game during the season so they have their mind made up. I would imagine most transfers would want to find a home before ESD and also so they can be on track to enroll for january

Advertisement

Every team still has 85 schollys and they’ll all get filled. For every kid who moves down, another more deserving kid will move up from G5 and finally get his shot. It all balances

Advertisement
Advertisement
From what has been said it doesn’t sound like that is the case

It is the case. There is no counter rule this year. Teams can and will take as many as needed to fill up the 85 spots. So for every kid that moves down, a more deserving one will move up,

Advertisement
Money is an issue for everyone. If your family has money, that doesn’t mean you should not deserve to make market value
When did I say he didn’t “deserve it”? I said it’s not an issue for him. He lives with his brother who’s on the bball team and his family is all Carolina. Money doesn’t sway everybody the same way. He’s a year away from having millions to his name anyway.

I hope mario goes heavy on the OL/DL in the portal every year

why not focus on players who have tape at the next level and are physically ready rather than dropping a huge bad on high school kids that may never see the field

sure sprinkle in some high school kids but seems like a winning strategy to me

It is the case. There is no counter rule this year. Teams can and will take as many as needed to fill up the 85 spots. So for every kid that moves down, a more deserving one will move up,
I think his point is that it's not as easy as one up, one down. Only 40% of portal kids land somewhere. The rest are just...done. Out of football and, likely, out of school.

Advertisement
Back