Transfer Portal watch

Not sure but we’ll be more aggressive earlier than last year.
This is good but I am still not seeing how this reconciles with the lack of movement on staff changes thus far. I just have no idea what established college player is going to be any to sign on without knowing the system or who the position coach may be in some situations.

Advertisement
This is good but I am still not seeing how this reconciles with the lack of movement on staff changes thus far. I just have no idea what established college player is going to be any to sign on without knowing the system or who the position coach may be in some situations.
That's what I'm saying too like for example how we're gonna land receivers when they don't know who the coordinator or position coach is, just don't want to get left behind while all these other schools making hires

Don’t worry y’all, Mario will have the new OC here in time for us to get our pick of 4th wave WRs after spring camp.

Fail Home Video GIF

That's what I'm saying too like for example how we're gonna land receivers when they don't know who the coordinator or position coach is, just don't want to get left behind while all these other schools making hires
There’s a middle ground between Mario is going to do things on his own time and in his own way and will learn and get it right, and Mario is going to **** everything up again, and this is kind of where I am at. A guy like Addae, Steele, Ponce, etc. I get waiting and letting things play out until they can lane somewhere. Gattis’s performance was so bad and the narrative about Mario’s offense is so loud that to me he had to rip that bandaid.

Advertisement
As I said when he was a Sr “ safety in a cb‘s body

lol I remember y'all being on his NECK about how what he's put on film and measurables overrated him. I remember a lot of us Gator fans, the one who REALLY look at the kids film/measurables, was like "I guess we'll take him since nobody else does". Our expectations of him was always tampered especially since Rivals severely overrated him

would be shocked if DJ doesn't enter the portal after the season

I don’t know what offense he can play in that will make the most out of his talents.

Maybe in ****** with Scott? But he killed Scott’s offense the prior year. Probably cost him a better job in ‘22

Advertisement
Probably a dumb question but does the portal quite literally open at midnight?

Advertisement
No. Undergrad FBS guys can officially announce they intend to enter portal and school has 48 hours to enter them.
Wow, didn't know that. Lots of opportunities to mess things up for a kid if some low level AD employee decides to call in sick for a few days or just be slow with his job. That could cost a kid a spot at another place. Not sure how you fix it but that feels like an area to be improved/changed.

Wow, didn't know that. Lots of opportunities to mess things up for a kid if some low level AD employee decides to call in sick for a few days or just be slow with his job. That could cost a kid a spot at another place. Not sure how you fix it but that feels like an area to be improved/changed.
Well. Main issue is that after they announce, no school is supposed to contact him until officially in the portal. I don’t know how NCAA enforces that.

I don’t know what offense he can play in that will make the most out of his talents.

Maybe in ****** with Scott? But he killed Scott’s offense the prior year. Probably cost him a better job in ‘22
If we get somebody like Kevin Johns from Duke, DJ would be a perfect fit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back