Transfer Portal watch

Texas became charmin soft under Mack Brown. It was well known in Big 12 circles they were a soft pampered bunch.

Strong was a bad fit imo. Herman did ok job, but Texas expectations were higher.

Advertisement
What kind of lame read your post and was like “well actually Alaska would be better to add to the conference based on hectares”??
Im Dead Season 2 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Prob just a smokescreen, caleb williams took other visits too and I'm pretty sure he had been signed, sealed, and delivered to sc
You're probably right but I will say, Texas can probably pay double whatever USC is paying, his old position coach at Pitt is at Texas now and Texas is tax-free state.

Wouldn't surprise me if Texas was able to pull him in.

Advertisement
Stop using vague *** verbiage.

Context clues, my friend. Context clues.
He also said "largest school" (did you similarly think he was talking about the physical size of the university and not enrollment?), and in the next sentence referred to media markets (which arguably should have triggered that the discussion centered around the potential audience size and $$$... not sheer land mass, which is irrelevant to the discussion).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
They just seem uncommitted to football to me. But your arguments make sense. I haven't followed the mega-realignments going on closely. Why not UCF? Or Tulane if you're talking ****** football programs in big media markets with some wealth and upside? Not being a wise-***, I just never thought of USF as an attractive target for the Big 12 relative to other options.

UCF has already been accepted to the Big 12, they begin play in 2023.

New Orleans is only the #50 TV market (as I pointed out above, Memphis is #51).

Tulane, as a school, is not nearly as large as USF.

That's all. Not arguing with you, just trying to point out some of the facts. I think many times people get laser-focused on "last year's football record" and they forget to look at the demographics.

He said largest state, he never said what he was measuring by. If you measure by landmass than yes florid is 26th largest.

Yeah, it was soooo confusing, it was impossible to figure out what I was saying based on the context. You know, like when I cited the size of the TV markets. Surely you didn't think I was talking about the radius of the broadcast signal, now, did you?

Advertisement
Back