Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Anybody with eyes that watched or saw his highlights at Buffalo and compared it to how he looked at Miami can tell that he looked much worse at Miami. Nowhere near how a #1 WR should look. The NFL drafted him in the 5th round 176th pick bc of it. He would’ve been selected in the same position if he entered the draft after his junior season.

golf fall GIF

SMU has now picked up Joshua Moore, Teddy Knox, Kelvontay Dixon, Jake Bailey, Beau Corrales & Camar Wheaton.

And that’s with already having 4 good WR’s in Rashee Rice, Jordan Kerley, Rod Daniels & Dylan Goffney.

People are sleeping on SMU with NIL. They could easily be a player in this new NIL era. They revolutionized paying players once, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to do it again.

Rooting for Lashlee to do well at SMU.

People are sleeping on SMU with NIL. They could easily be a player in this new NIL era. They revolutionized paying players once, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to do it again.

They’re a small school with less than 13,000 students, but they have multiple Millionaire/Billionaire Boosters.

Especially being a Dallas school, they’re loaded with money & in a region that is absolutely stacked with local talent.

Advertisement
They’re a small school with less than 13,000 students, but they have multiple Millionaire/Billionaire Boosters.

Especially being a Dallas school, they’re loaded with money & in a region that is absolutely stacked with local talent.

This is a topic I can actually contribute on. Anyone who sleeps on SMU in the modern NIL era is blind. Add Northwestern to that as well. SMU has gotten money for their new football stadium, new facilities, new everything while being a hot pile of garbage. Their money also makes Ruiz's "waves" look trivial. It's got a booster pool AT LEAST 60-90 BILLION deep, and there's nothing they want more than to be good at football again. They're also making quite significant moves via their TV station connects to get into a different conference. They want a better schedule. If they can't get a spot they're going to go independent for a couple years a la Notre dame, build some clout, and try again.

Rooting for him as well, but if wants to succeed he needs to be better at playcalling especially on short yardage.

Advertisement

If they can translate the NIL support to success on the field and fans on the field they would be in prime position to join the Big 12 in the next round of expansion.

A Big 12 with all the old SWC texas teams minus A&M and UT would be great. The level of cheating and prettiness would be off the charts.

They were the OG at consolidating funds from multiple boosters into one big account and strategically using those funds on players. SMU was handing out legit bags back when many of the big schools were still just handing out $100 handshakes at suit-and-tie "fundraising" events. Now that these HNW individuals are able to pay players through NIL deals, I have no doubt SMU will be in the game.

I mean similar to Miami… big azzz city in a hot bed of talent. Plus they have more millionaires and billionaires boosters who probably care about football more than Miami.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they surpass TCU as the better Dallas destination school and make some noise

I mean similar to Miami… big azzz city in a hot bed of talent. Plus they have more millionaires and billionaires boosters who probably care about football more than Miami.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they surpass TCU as the better Dallas destination school and make some noise

This. Lashlee can wake the sleeping dragon that once was SMU.

Advertisement
SMU definitely has an upside and deep pockets - start with the Hunt family. So, expect big things from Lashlee & SMU could make some news. Just don't see it ever being a destination job. If he gets it rolling, he'll be off to Auburn or elsewhere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back