Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Jeezus how many times are sites gonna post this **** article? Lol

Zay Flowers is a lame and a clown…. “LOOK AT ME!! I’m a great guy bc I turned down NIL offers to stick with Boston College even though I chose to entertain those offers to begin with… and now I’m going to keep dry snitching about it for more face time in the media!!” gtfoh 🤡🤡🤡

If you don’t think Enos cost KJ Osborn money in the nfl draft you were sleep that entire season… The offense was trash. He was already an NFL draft prospect based off what he did at Buffalo… he didn’t need Miami to get drafted in the 5th round 176th pick.

View attachment 185303

What a dopey post.

Maybe KJ Osborn cost himself in the FANTASY draft, but in the NFL draft, they don't go strictly off of stats. He took his Buffalo skills and stats to Miami and did well with a P5 team. The NFL appreciated that. Otherwise, before that, he's just a guy who had one good year at a non-Power-5.

Advertisement
What a dopey post.

Maybe KJ Osborn cost himself in the FANTASY draft, but in the NFL draft, they don't go strictly off of stats. He took his Buffalo skills and stats to Miami and did well with a P5 team. The NFL appreciated that. Otherwise, before that, he's just a guy who had one good year at a non-Power-5.
Yea i dont get why folks kept saying that n pointing to producting with KJ osborn.

When its obviously counterproductive with Rambo putting up a sh*t ton of stats better than he ever did at OU and going undrafted. Osborn stays at Buffalo he is likely going undrafted

SMU has now picked up Joshua Moore, Teddy Knox, Jake Bailey, Beau Corrales & Camar Wheaton.

And that’s with already having 4 good WR’s in Rashee Rice, Jordan Kerley, Rod Daniels & Dylan Goffney.

I don’t really follow “transfer rankings” that sites put out, but SMU has to be in the top 10-15 right?

Great job by Rhett and company. Will be rooting for them.

I don’t really follow “transfer rankings” that sites put out, but SMU has to be in the top 10-15 right?

Great job by Rhett and company. Will be rooting for them.
They’re currently 13th with 15 portal commits.

But they grade the Portal rankings based on stars the prospect had coming out of HS.

The Portal is different though because it’s kids that have already been on another team & have basically been developed (except for the TF’s that hit the Portal because they didn’t play), but Portal rankings should really be about fit for team & addressing a position of need more than anything.

1. USC
2. Ole Miss
3. LSU
4. Oklahoma
5. Bama

Are the current top 5 in the Portal...

But in terms of best fits & adding positions of need, Ole Miss, USC, Oklahoma, Miami, Texas, South Carolina, SMU & Arkansas IMO all had the best Portal classes by adding guys who fit their systems perfect & addressed big areas of need for them.

Advertisement
They’re currently 13th with 15 portal commits.

But they grade the Portal rankings based on stars the prospect had coming out of HS.

The Portal is different though because it’s kids that have already been on another team & have basically been developed (except for the TF’s that hit the Portal because they didn’t play), but Portal rankings should really be about fit for team & addressing a position of need more than anything.

1. USC
2. Ole Miss
3. LSU
4. Oklahoma
5. Bama

Are the current top 5 in the Portal...

But in terms of best fits & adding positions of need, Ole Miss, USC, Oklahoma, Miami, Texas, South Carolina, SMU & Arkansas IMO all had the best Portal classes by adding guys who fit their systems perfect & addressed big areas of need for them.

Actually, I think the Portal rankings only count the "new" Portal rankings. Yes, the HS rankings are there too, but until 247 puts in a "transfer" ranking, they don't count. For a few days, two of our transfers were not improving our ranking because they only had HS rankings, not transfer rankings yet.

Are we being too selective with wide receivers?
We have a very good qb and it seems like they’re more concerned with what offense they’re gonna play for.

Could it be possible that Gattis and Mario are pleased with what we have already? Or are we being negatively recruited by schools saying we’re gonna be run first team?

Are we being too selective with wide receivers?
We have a very good qb and it seems like they’re more concerned with what offense they’re gonna play for.

Could it be possible that Gattis and Mario are pleased with what we have already? Or are we being negatively recruited by schools saying we’re gonna be run first team?
We know BMac at Jawja was telling recruits we were gonna be run heavy so I wouldn't doubt that narrative is out there amongst receiver croots

We know BMac at Jawja was telling recruits we were gonna be run heavy so I wouldn't doubt that narrative is out there amongst receiver croots
We should not be striking out this bad at wide out imo right now.
Gattis better not be powering this sht for more than 50% of attempts or we’re gonna lose players we should’ve had no problems landing.
I know I’ve seen reviews about the spring game being vanilla. But it seems like receivers are more excited to play for a fast paced spread offense.
Our receivers better put up numbers or it’s gonna be a long wr recruiting process till ESD.

Advertisement
And how rich is that coming from Georgia. It’s like when @Liberty City El talks about how little research some QB recruits do before signing up for some of these systems or QB rooms. It may even kick it up a notch for WRs to listen to someone affiliated with Georgias offense talking about another school being run heavy.

We should not be striking out this bad at wide out imo right now.
Gattis better not be powering this sht for more than 50% of attempts or we’re gonna lose players we should’ve had no problems landing.
I know I’ve seen reviews about the spring game being vanilla. But it seems like receivers are more excited to play for a fast paced spread offense.
Our receivers better put up numbers or it’s gonna be a long wr recruiting process till ESD.
We're currently in the driver's seat for Jalen Brown and in position to flip Joseph from Clemson. Even if we end up with just those two + Robby that's far from striking out IMO.

Advertisement
We're currently in the driver's seat for Jalen Brown and in position to flip Joseph from Clemson. Even if we end up with just those two + Robby that's far from striking out IMO.
We went hard after our transfer targets and didn’t land any of them (yet). JA is out there and now even Bama feels they’re in a good spot.
J Brown isn’t gonna get the ball thrown to by TVD cause if we have a good season he’s likely gone.
Hopefully we are able to give Garcia enough playing time for the 23 players to take notice.

Until NSD we aren’t going to know who is going to be coming.

I’m not saying that all that all hope is lost. Far from it actually.
We are in a very good position with the players we have to have a good season. But there has been a lot of hype about the portal receivers with no results while other schools have landed some really good receivers.

But Like I said, there is a strong possibility that the coaches feel really good with what we have and aren’t gonna go all in unless it’s some proven commodity that brings a skill set or body type that we don’t currently have in the team.

Last edited:
We went hard after our transfer targets and didn’t land any of them (yet). JA is out there and now even Bama feels they’re in a good spot.
J Brown isn’t gonna get the ball thrown to by TVD cause if we have a good season he’s likely gone.
Hopefully we are able to give Garcia enough playing time for the 23 players to take notice.

Until NSD we aren’t going to know who is going to be coming.

I’m not saying that all that all hope is lost. Far from it actually.
We are in a very good position with the players we have to have a good season. But there has been a lot of hype about the portal receivers with no results while other schools have landed some really good receivers.

But Like I said, there is a strong possibility that the coaches feel really good with what we have and aren’t gonna break the bank unless it’s some proven commodity that brings a skill set or body type that we don’t currently have in the team.
I wouldn't worry too much. Some schools gave crazy 💰 (Texas/Worthy) and kid preferred to stay put. And when we offered more 💰 the familiarity (BC/Flowers) won out. Just bad luck. I still have zero doubts about our ability to recruit the position. Mario is a closer on the trail and will do when the time comes.

Advertisement
Back