Transfer Portal watch

The problem is how do you pressure the NCAA to investigate anything or pay attention to allegations. They can and do ignore what they snooze to ignore. This is nothing new, and as the past has proven, there isn’t much we can do about it. We’d be shut down for much less than they ignored in this case.
I don’t know anything about law so obviously the following comment I’m gonna make is probably way off base. But schools lose money athletic departments lose money when school gets sanctioned with scholarships and loi. Think about how much revenue the university of Miami has lost. We went three years for an investigation, lost scholarships for way less than was alleged in the Lewis case. His mother stated that she was paid 650 K by LSU??! But yet you decided to go off the record when the actual player that was involved mentioned the schools? Basically what I’m saying is you can technically sue the NCAA for playing favorites by punishing some schools while letting other schools slide. That makes no sense from an enforcement body and smells of possible collusion. Yet nobody has ever publicly called them out.
The closest anyone ever came to insinuating it was Tark.

1651905135569.jpeg

Advertisement
He looked average at Miami… Rambo looked 10x better and didn’t get drafted. Receivers from all sorts of low level schools get drafted all the time. If he stayed at Buffalo and put up twice as many numbers as he did at Miami he would’ve been drafted higher. Enos / Miami fckd up his draft stock too much inconsistent film his last year.
What draft stock ...he went around the same area he would have went had he stayed there..in fact he may have went undrafted there more so. Him having special teams work here helped his stock a bit.

UNIV OF BUFFALO has had 1 wr drafted in the history of the program. He made the right decision coming here.

I don’t know anything about law so obviously the following comment I’m gonna make is probably way off base. But schools lose money athletic departments lose money when school gets sanctioned with scholarships and loi. Think about how much revenue the university of Miami has lost. We went three years for an investigation, lost scholarships for way less than was alleged in the Lewis case. His mother stated that she was paid 650 K by LSU??! But yet you decided to go off the record when the actual player that was involved mentioned the schools? Basically what I’m saying is you can technically sue the NCAA for playing favorites by punishing some schools while letting other schools slide. That makes no sense from an enforcement body and smells of possible collusion. Yet nobody has ever publicly called them out.
The closest anyone ever came to insinuating it was Tark.

View attachment 185189
I don’t disagree at all. It’s just that I won’t believe the NCAA will punish a blue-blood or back off Miami to be fair until I see those things happen. As you say, nobody’s ever pushed back. It seems to me that as long as the powerful schools don’t get in trouble they won’t stick their necks out. And unless they do, I just don’t know what anyone can do against whatever the NCAA wants to do.

Advertisement
I don't blame a kid for staying at a school where he has put the blood, sweat and tears. He has built relationships and has teammates who feel like brothers that probably would have felt disrespected.

It is not as black and white as people are trying to make it out to be about money. It was a tough decision.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
@CaneBear0207 , I tried to quote your post, but for some reason that isn't working right now.

Anyway, the fact Missouri was a spot ahead of us in the 2022 recruiting class just emphasizes the program was a trainwreck under Manny. And without Mario saving the class with late commits by Bissainthe (you know he knew Mario was coming), Kelly, Moss, Citizen and a couple more, we would have been in an even worse position. That's where we were as an organization, not where we want to be.

I'll repeat my point, we should not be competing for kids with a Missouri. Not saying Coleman wasn't worthy of a Miami spot, I liked the kid. But Messidor, Agude, Jackson, Lichtenstein, Moultrie are going to be more than adequate DL transfers.

Uh, I think you're reading this situation wrong. Mizzou recruited really well last year. They had a top 15 class, which included a 5-star, the #3 player in the country. IMO they had the 2nd best class in the SEC East behind UGA. Drink is turning them around. There are at least six kids in their class I'd take in a heartbeat.

I'm here for it, they play UF every year. I like Mizzou, UK, and Tenn showing signs of life. Shine on, Missouri.

If you don’t think Enos cost KJ Osborn money in the nfl draft you were sleep that entire season… The offense was trash. He was already an NFL draft prospect based off what he did at Buffalo… he didn’t need Miami to get drafted in the 5th round 176th pick.

86FB832D-342F-4A7B-ACDA-44C4433B4AF7.jpeg

Advertisement
Back