Transfer Portal watch

coming to america eddie muhy GIF

Advertisement
IIRC, didn't @Cribby say the Portal WR Transfer would have multiple years of eligibility?

Or was that in regards to Worthy?

Portal WR target #1 would have multiple years of eligibility. Worthy was in consideration but he was not #1 guy.

It's clear coaches are looking for a certain WR type - speedy gamebreaker. This Landers kid is intriguing but seems like a Ladson clone.

**** we struck out. Tough...need these WRs to work their tails off in the Summer, because the Spring wasn't good enough.

Still praying for a Grad Transfer...really thought a WR was in the bag. Not great.

Since it looks like we're out of it for the two we were looking at, are we set or would the staff consider bringing on one of these receivers available?

Advertisement
Staff did a good job turning over the DL and they added some good depth to the interior OL.

They failed at WR, LB, RT, and it remains to be seen at CB.

Overall the team talent is a little better but still with big gaps.

I’d say with this current roster it’s an 8 or 9 win, top 25-ish team. We can compete for the coastal with this roster

Staff did a good job turning over the DL and they added some good depth to the interior OL.

I’d say with this current roster it’s an 8 or 9 win, top 25-ish team. We can compete for the coastal with this roster
It's fair to say we swung & missed for WR & RT. But considering we landed a Mike backer not sure you can lump that in with the failure group. It's not like we were ever favored for some big time LB at any point. And yes, corner remains to be seen.

Advertisement

I agree. Our expectations are sky high with what Mario has done in the short time he's been there. However, it's a tall order to attempt to fix all the roster issues in one off season.

It's fair to say we swung & missed for WR & RT. But considering we landed a Mike backer not sure you can lump that in with the failure group. It's not like we were ever favored for some big time LB at any point. And yes, corner remains to be seen.

The standard I use is did you address the weakness you had going in.

Linebacker was the weakest unit on the team and we added a total of one guy who is a decent player but nothing all world. They needed to add a guy like Mikel or Flowe honestly to turn that group around.

If they had landed Mims, Mikel, and Addison this team would be knocking on the door for a playoff spot this year. Sucks that they couldn’t get it done. Those are the offseason wins and losses that add up and decide your fate during critical times in critical games

If you want to compete with Georgia and Bama these are the kinds of offseason wins you need to stack up

Where are all the misses? Honestly, there isnt much to pick from... Those that we could get here, that we wanted, signed.

I agree at LB. RT to me was the Mims saga which is clear nobody had a legit read on the kid.

LB to me makes 0 sense as we have a depth chart of absolute **** & finally have legit coaches like Strong and Steele who will be managing the group. We also have pedigree at that position, historically.

Advertisement
I agree. Our expectations are sky high with what Mario has done in the short time he's been there. However, it's a tall order to attempt to fix all the roster issues in one off season.

A very tall order but then again there are only 4 playoff teams and one champion every year. You want to be the best, you have to be in the business of filling tall orders.

Advertisement
Where are all the misses? Honestly, there isnt much to pick from... Those that we could get here, that we wanted, signed.

Not saying the excuses aren’t valid, they are. You can’t force a guy like Mims, Mikel, Addison to visit and sign.

But valid excuses don’t win championships. Football is a results business, not an excuses business.

The result we’re left with is a good not great roster with some good pieces and some big gaps and question marks at the same time

Such a tremendous scene. This particular scene is fan fing tastic. Guy is so good.

Jiff and Kit Ramsey deserved awards from the Illuminati. He was so friggin hilarious in that movie. Crossing the highway and when Kit shot the drums…. Gold.

If yu had said ACC i would have agreed with yu. But coastal shouldn't be a problem with this roster!

Thank you. Can't complain about not pulling elite LB talent when the pickings aren't great. This is going to be a process, folks. Can't rebuild a roster overnight. The NFL draft should tell folks how far we still have to go.

Advertisement
Back