Advertisement
Advertisement
stop you really have an issue with him. starting to seem extreme
As a long time fan of this program
Having seen many good and bad lb
He is by far the worst
Is clear he has no business being on this team
So I want him off the team and replaced with someone better
What’s wrong with wanting him off the team and his spot taken by someone who is actually good

Short answer: don't know; according to info. posted on board re: #'s, about 5 more departures gets us down to 85. But published reports (Barry) said 1-2 more.

I’ve heard we’re closer to 88 and we have until august to resolve the 85. We’ll get there.

Advertisement
As a long time fan of this program
Having seen many good and bad lb
He is by far the worst
Is clear he has no business being on this team
So I want him off the team and replaced with someone better
What’s wrong with wanting him off the team and his spot taken by someone who is actually good
Never gonna have a team where every player is good. I think he adds something valuable from a leadership/special teams perspective. You need locker room guys, as long as he isn't on the field 1st-3rd down I'm good.

Advertisement
Flagg is NOT BY FAR THE WORST. Flagg is very serviceable as a second team LB and a team player. Been around UM FOOTBALLS SINCE 1982 and a season ticket holder for over 32 years. It's fans like JSY that make me sick! He is here to get an education too JSY recruit. Did that ever occur to you?

I’ve heard we’re closer to 88 and we have until august to resolve the 85. We’ll get
Hopefully a couple/few graduate and move on. Push comes to shove at least a couple of guys are non-contributors entering their fifth year who likely wouldn't be owed any moral obligation.

Advertisement
Give It To Me Want GIF

Important NCAA transfer rule and process clarifications.

Rules

1. "A student-athlete must provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer by May 1 if they participate in a fall or winter sport'. Referred to below as "notification of transfer". (Source - NCAA website)

2. "An NCAA Division I student-athlete must request a “notification of transfer” through the compliance office at the school they are transferring from. A student-athlete may initiate the notification-of- transfer process by providing his or her institution with a written notice at any time (or by May 1). The student-athlete’s institution must enter his or her information into the NCAA transfer portal within two business days of receipt of the student-athlete’s request." (Source - NCAA website)

Process

Written requests are sent to the college/university's Athletic compliance office who must validate the transfer request, athlete eligibility and then the compliance office enters the players name in the portal within 48 business hours (2 business days).... Important: Players cannot enter their own name into the portal.

Summary

So based on the rules and the process......."notification of transfer” written requests may be sent through end of day today (by 5/1) then 48 hours of compliance office verification would occur on business days Monday-Tuesday (2 business days) so the period for names entering the portal may continue through Tuesday, 5/3.

Also - the deadline for actually transferring is the Add/drop class registration deadline for whichever enrollment period the transfer will begin at the new school.....for some they may choose to enroll in Summer 1, 2 or 3 semesters or others may end up enrolling for the Fall semester in August. So it may seem as if the portal never closes with announcements likely throughout the next few weeks and even well into the summer.

Important NCAA transfer rule and process clarifications.

Rules

1. "A student-athlete must provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer by May 1 if they participate in a fall or winter sport'. Referred to below as "notification of transfer". (Source - NCAA website)

2. "An NCAA Division I student-athlete must request a “notification of transfer” through the compliance office at the school they are transferring from. A student-athlete may initiate the notification-of- transfer process by providing his or her institution with a written notice at any time (or by May 1). The student-athlete’s institution must enter his or her information into the NCAA transfer portal within two business days of receipt of the student-athlete’s request." (Source - NCAA website)

Process

Written requests are sent to the college/university's Athletic compliance office who must validate the transfer request, athlete eligibility and then the compliance office enters the players name in the portal within 48 business hours (2 business days).... Important: Players cannot enter their own name into the portal.

Summary

So based on the rules and the process......."notification of transfer” written requests may be sent through end of day today (by 5/1) then 48 hours of compliance office verification would occur on business days Monday-Tuesday (2 business days) so the period for names entering the portal may continue through Tuesday, 5/3.

Also - the deadline for actually transferring is the Add/drop class registration deadline for whichever enrollment period the transfer will begin at the new school.....for some they may choose to enroll in Summer 1, 2 or 3 semesters or others may end up enrolling for the Fall semester in August. So it may seem as if the portal never closes with announcements likely throughout the next few weeks and even well into the summer.

Glad you put this out cause I was gonna say it’s very quiet for it to be the last day

Advertisement
Back