Transfer Portal watch

IMO he’s not a starter over Keyshawn or Jacolby.

I don’t see elite speed with him, there’s obvious talent & upside there, but I don’t think he’s as great as the board makes him out to be. It’s mainly because he’s former South FL 5-star that went to Bama that makes everyone drool over him but in terms of pure ability I fully understand why Saban brought in 2 Portal WR’s to take the brunt of the reps in their passing offense.

I’d rather us bring in a surefire productive speedster, but that’s just me.

Agreed. Saban publicly dogged the kid and then went and got more WR to take his snaps. That says a lot about how he feels about his WR room

Advertisement
Agreed. Saban publicly dogged the kid and then went and got more WR to take his snaps. That says a lot about how he feels about his WR room
Bama is currently sitting at 87 scholarships - they are carrying 12 WR, including the guys brought in as transfers and their summer enrollees.

IDK about Brooks but Thaiu Jones-Bell hasn't gotten much burn... There are a few guys on that WR list who may be looking for playing time.

Tyler Harrell
Jermaine Burton
Traeshon Holden
Thaiu Jones-Bell
Ja’Corey Brooks
JoJo Earle
Christian Leary
Aaron Anderson
Isaiah Bond
Kendrick Law
Kobe Prentice
Shazz Preston

Bama is currently sitting at 87 scholarships - they are carrying 12 WR, including the guys brought in as transfers and their summer enrollees.

IDK about Brooks but Thaiu Jones-Bell hasn't gotten much burn... There are a few guys on that WR list who may be looking for playing time.

Tyler Harrell
Jermaine Burton
Traeshon Holden
Thaiu Jones-Bell
Ja’Corey Brooks
JoJo Earle
Christian Leary

Aaron Anderson
Isaiah Bond
Kendrick Law
Kobe Prentice
Shazz Preston
Wouldn't be mad if it was any of those 3 lol

Tyler Harrell
Jermaine Burton
Traeshon Holden
Thaiu Jones-Bell
Ja’Corey Brooks
JoJo Earle
Christian Leary
Aaron Anderson
Isaiah Bond
Kendrick Law
Kobe Prentice
Shazz Preston

I'm hoping a proven G5 or lower P5 speedster with soft and sure hands jumps in. I'm with the other posters who feel we already have enough potentially good guys on roster. We need turnkey deep-ball production for TVD. No sure anyone Saban lets leave at this point will be ready for the season.

Advertisement

Tyler Harrell
Jermaine Burton
Traeshon Holden
Thaiu Jones-Bell
Ja’Corey Brooks
JoJo Earle
Christian Leary
Aaron Anderson
Isaiah Bond
Kendrick Law
Kobe Prentice
Shazz Preston
**** at some of those names. Amazing how you just get forgotten about that fast. Christian Leary was the man when he came out. Now he is one more average year away from hitting the portal probably.

Tyler Harrell
Jermaine Burton
Traeshon Holden
Thaiu Jones-Bell
Ja’Corey Brooks
JoJo Earle
Christian Leary
Aaron Anderson
Isaiah Bond
Kendrick Law
Kobe Prentice
Shazz Preston
I’m not sure what these guys thought was going to happen 🤣

Advertisement
If Jacorey Brooks *** really hit that portal **** would melt down here.
Wheeew! What chu talkin bout
x factor GIF

Advertisement
Came to say the same thing. Brooks had a PRIME opportunity to shine in the Natl title game and he didn't step up and Saban was publicly not happy about it. Besides the fact that he's a South Florida kid and maybe Saban doesn't want to burn any bridges down here, I'd be surprised if Brooks lasts at Bama.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Brooks had done some moping last season since Saban brought in Jameson Williams when Brooks probably thought he was in line to be the next SFla WR1 for Bama just like Amari, Jeudy, and Ridley all were.

This is all just speculation/outside looking in.

Advertisement
Lots of Bama folks were not happy about Brooks dropping that pass in the NC game. Wouldn't be shocked if the other 2 coming in has him ****ed.

Leary is definitely intriguing though

OK ... so the clock is ticking on players ENTERING the portal. What are the odds (question directed to Cribby / Leeds ... guys that have connections) that we land:

- 1 WR
- 1 LB
- 1 OT
- 1 DT

To close out the roster development period we are currently in?
@LeedsCane answered the WR/LB & OT questions in this thread (first post LB, second post WR)

I didn't ask her about DT though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back