Transfer Portal watch

I remember a few years back when ideas like the Portal and NIL deals were having people around here go bonkers and saying things like those things will hurt us more than help us.

Hmm.

Crazy times.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember a few years back when ideas like the Portal and NIL deals were having people around here go bonkers and saying things like those things will hurt us more than help us.

Hmm.

Crazy times.
To be fair, that was before Ruiz (and a couple of others) were part of the equation and before Mario was here to make them believe they wouldn’t be better served using this money as toilet paper.

Very true, but even in the Manny days the Portal was a positive thing for us.

And people around here were not saying Manny was the reason why we would fail, they were saying that it would only Help SEC teams and O$U etc and that Miami businesses were overrated and such.

Last edited:
Advertisement

america dun GIF

Advertisement
It’s a case of you ain’t got to go home but you can’t stay up in here. Mario doesn’t want jags on his roster . I posted when he arrived he’d rather roll short handed with quality versus full 85 with scrubs.
Can you cut a scholarship for that reason?

Advertisement
Very true, but even in the Manny days the Portal was a positive thing for us.

And people around here were not saying Manny was the reason why we would fail, they were saying that it would only Help SEC teams and O$U etc and that Miami business were overrated and such.
Only people with a shortsighted understanding of it were saying that.

I was all in on the Portal from the very beginning.

Advertisement
Back