Transfer Portal watch

I mean...Bryce Young won the Heisman (and is currently the presumed #1 overall pick), a WR from Bama won the Heisman the year before, and Smith, Waddle, Ruggs, Jeudy and Ridley have all gone in the first round since 2018, with Jameson definitely going in the first round this year (and Metchie a possibility). Oh and they make the playoffs every year.

Not hard to see why he went with the Crimson Tide were the pick, despite how good TVD is.
I get why he went, I'm just confused on why more WRs in the portal aren't lining up to come here? It's clear we are looking to add one

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can someone explain why we would take Caleb Johnson’s commitment if Mikel Jones is going to enter the portal? Aren’t they both ILBs? Seems to me if Caleb does commit tomorrow and Mikel does then enter the portal we would be far from a lock with how teams would recruit that given we just took an ILB lol

Maybe because it's not that clear if Mikel Jones will enter the portal at all...just a guess.

Maybe because it's not that clear if Mikel Jones will enter the portal at all...just a guess.
Yep, plus we need both anyways (heck throw in Gentry too). It's safe to assume someone is going to (at the very least) get banged up over the course of the season; we need depth and talent - he can provide both. Unless y'all want to see Flagg starting again lol.

And let's not act like Caleb is some scrub from the Pac-12. He did something right to be a 2nd-Team Conference Selection.

Take them all.

Yep, plus we need both anyways (heck throw in Gentry too). It's safe to assume someone is going to (at the very least) get banged up over the course of the season; we need depth and talent - he can provide both. Unless y'all want to see Flagg starting again lol.

And let's not act like Caleb is some scrub from the Pac-12. He did something right to be a 2nd-Team Conference Selection.

Take them all.

Absolutely get Gentry regardless!
As far as Mikel Jones Absolutely if he entered the portal but we can't sit there and wait for him to decide with our LB situation. We need some security.

Advertisement
Absolutely get Gentry regardless!
As far as Mikel Jones Absolutely if he entered the portal but we can't sit there and wait for him to decide with our LB situation. We need some security.
Gentry would change our current defensive outlook. Really important piece.

Take them all.
We would love to land both but I doubt Caleb would be signing here if he thought or was told Jones was coming too.He's coming to start at MLB.

Advertisement
What caused both Agude and Caleb's stats to go backwards in 2021? Knowing nothing about the team, it seems like both had much more productive covid 2020 seasons.

Advertisement
Geez, 11 inches is impressive.

A8F1D45A-3FB1-481D-AAB1-2495232D29DA.gif

Advertisement
Back