Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
The staff wants to win now & the OC understands that he’s not gonna be able to run the offense at its optimum level without having a legit weapon on the outside.

They evaluated the WR’s this Spring & are actively trying to bring in at least 1 if not both of the 2 WR’s who are available in the Portal right now... What does that tell yall?

It’s not the fans that are recruiting Means & Robinson, it’s Gattis & Cooney, the debate this board keeps having about the WR’s is hilarious because the coaching staff is telling yall, “we need more”, but then fans are like “Yall are overreacting!”... Like who, us or the staff? Lol
Wiggins and Pope coming back?!?!??

Allen Haye is better than Stephon Wynn.

Not saying we need to go after Wynn. But the fact a RS Freshman is our best option at NG is enough to tell you we need another option there. Miller isn't it. ...

I lik Haye, expected him to be in the mix for 2023. But even if Haye keeps developing over the next 4-5 months into an adequate player this coming season, DTs get banged up all the time, especially young guys that aren't fully developed. Then what do we do?

Advertisement
DE, check. Now we just need 4 more spots to be complete. Going from most to least important: NG, MLB, WR, RT
I don’t disagree with your assessment of our needs; but, you can make an argument for: MLB, NG, WR, & RT.

You can also argue (less successfully to some extent) for: MLB, WR, NG & RT.

To me the first 3 on your list are “must gets” regardless of order and the last is more of a luxury for depth purposes.

Last edited:
Been there 4/5 years and only 5 tackles last year hmmmm

1650551353653.png

Not saying we need to go after Wynn. But the fact a RS Freshman is our best option at NG is enough to tell you we need another option there. Miller isn't it. ...

I lik Haye, expected him to be in the mix for 2023. But even if Haye keeps developing over the next 4-5 months into an adequate player this coming season, DTs get banged up all the time, especially young guys that aren't fully developed. Then what do we do?
Dont give up on Miler yet, go back and watch the videos of spring practice this year with the DL versus OL and you will see a much-improved player who has finally had quality coaching and not just using the bull rush like in the past few years

Advertisement

Miller is going to have a good year this year. Watching the spring game, I thought he did a good job in the trenches at the point of attack. I did see him get handled by one of the walk ons, but outside of that, I thought he played big, physical and aggressive. We’ll see this fall. Its spring, so I’m not jumping on the overreaction band wagon. Imo

The last I read he was supposed to be heading to LSU as a replacement for Deion Smith, but the holdup has been grades related from my understanding.

Which is funny because the that’s the same reason why Deion hasn’t transferred to Ole Miss yet, admissions issues.

It will be interesting to see what happens with both before the 5/1 deadline.

wow. if grades are holding you back from transferring to Ole Miss .... you clearly need to spend more time paying attention in class. 😜

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back