Transfer Portal watch

Portals been a little quiet lately. Anyone have an idea when we can expect the next wave? Going to be crucial for Marios 1st season, and building momentum for a monster recruiting class.

Advertisement
So we have Eric Gilyard as a potential target at LB

We’re actively recruiting Landon Morris at TE

A name that just declared and should be one to watch is Simi Moala. 14 starts at RT and 4 at LT at Utah. He would feel a huge need and allow us to get better in the right side.

Another guy to go with Gilyard is Navonteque Strong who’ll be transferring from LSU. Not a cover guy but a huge thumper and was a highly rated JUCO guy.

I’m also not surprised that we’re not connected to Taj Harris from Syracuse. He was their best WR last 2 years.

Curtis Dunlap should be a priority imo. Pairing him with Moala next year might give us the best line in the ACC.

Not a popular take but Jalen Burger is in the portal too. He was a freshman stud for Wisconsin at RB and would be the 5th guy in the locker room. Really talented kid worth the take. Would make the RB room the most talented room on the team.
We shouldn't just take all these portal guys and ignore our own roster. We have one of our best WR cores in a decade. We added Ladaon and now you want more.

I just don't get this CIS fantasy football knee jerk reaction to an unknown future. Mario added to the roster where we had low body counts. Ya'll sick with the Manny disease. Recruit blue chips and then jump to the Portal when you can't develop them

We have superior coaching now. We lneed to let them coach our players for at least one cycle before people start clamoring for the Portal. There will be young players who emerge that haven't played much or at all. Let's give them time.

Just think if King wasn't available last year.people would have demanded Manny hit the portal to find a QB that had experience. Had that scenario played out, we would not have TVD in the position he's in now.

My point is to let things play out. Allow our players to become stars instead of always seeking out what you think is better just because they are a know commodity.

We shouldn't just take all these portal guys and ignore our own roster. We have one of our best WR cores in a decade. We added Ladaon and now you want more.

I just don't get this CIS fantasy football knee jerk reaction to an unknown future. Mario added to the roster where we had low body counts. Ya'll sick with the Manny disease. Recruit blue chips and then jump to the Portal when you can't develop them

We have superior coaching now. We lneed to let them coach our players for at least one cycle before people start clamoring for the Portal. There will be young players who emerge that haven't played much or at all. Let's give them time.

Just think if King wasn't available last year.people would have demanded Manny hit the portal to find a QB that had experience. Had that scenario played out, we would not have TVD in the position he's in now.

My point is to let things play out. Allow our players to become stars instead of always seeking out what you think is better just because they are a know commodity.

A lot of our players ARE known commodities. Known to be JAGS.

Bring in talent and let them earn their spot

Advertisement

This thread and that post was created back in November when Manny was still here. I have no idea why you just wrote all that about a post that was created in November to keep track of transfers…

Advertisement
Sideline to sideline with next level closing speed. Imagine this young man after going through the new strength & conditioning program. He’s diagnosing plays accurately and that tells me he has a high football IQ. His athleticism takes over after that.

I heard they can do this thing called tackling? Not gonna lie, I’m intrigued

season 2 showtime GIF by Shameless

Advertisement
Sideline to sideline with next level closing speed. Imagine this young man after going through the new strength & conditioning program. He’s diagnosing plays accurately and that tells me he has a high football IQ. His athleticism takes over after that.
Intuitive playing, and also aggressive.

If he spent some time with Coach Feld, you are right, Mario and his guys would create a credible Miami package... I like this kid.

Question...........would his personality and style fit in with our Canes?...Valid question and that needs to be answered....
Remember as Mario says it take "something Special to be a Miami Hurricane football player"...

Advertisement
After this video im all in on this kid.

Bring him in as a pass rusher. Hima nd Jaelan Phillips story...comes off as parallel to coming here.

Having a cultural staff might work wonders for this kid with Pata, Mario, Salavea, and possibly meeting Jason Taylor. Man lock this kid up on his visit.
What a story. He would fit our culture & community like a glove. Mario will close on his visit.

Advertisement
Back