Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
We could use a running back for sure.btw why is his name seven is there 6 other McGhee siblings?

monica geller friends GIF

I heard the McGhee parents are big fans of Monica from Friends

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
And I'm not mad at you personally.

I try to compartmentalize. The coaches are the ones who see all the tape, from the throw to the catch. The coaches are the ones who can talk to these kids, hear what they have to say about things they've done correctly and incorrectly.

And that is different from a bunch of people issuing these immediate hot-take judgments (and I'm not saying that is what you personally did, I'm just pointing out why I might take more of a "wait-and-see" attitude).

I'm not saying Toure was the best or the worst, but there was this sort of momentum for "let's take this kid, he's the first one we've talked about, and I don't want to hear about this other kid". Again, I'm not saying this was all about you, I just happened to get into a conversation with you (and a few others).

I have said this about "regular" high school recruiting, and it applies to Portal recruiting as well. It is the easiest thing in the world to work backwards and say "he had 100 catches, he was obviously the best recruit". Never in a million years would I have predicted that Rambo would set the ALL-TIME Miami single-season record. But I will defend the coaches' assessments when they have established a track record. I may not be able to stand many things that Manny did (or didn't do), but he was pretty solid in pulling quality guys out of the Portal (Tate Martell and Tommy Kennedy aside).

The main point I was trying to make at the time was simple. The Pope/Wiggins drops were ghastly. Appalling. Game-losing drops. And I didn't think that Rambo was anywhere near the same category.

I just feel that there is a groupthink tendency for a lot of posters to have to be "first" at expressing their hot-take opinions on everything, so that they can bump those posts in a couple of years to build a case for being a Fake Nostradamus or a Fake Insider. I'm sure I've made a few mistakes too, but I'm coming up on 18,000 posts, and you're not going to find a whole lot of ridiculous hot-takes from me, because I don't roll that way. And my track record is pretty good.

---Years of telling people what a bad AD Beta Blake was
---Years of telling people what a weak President Julio Frenk was
---Years of telling people that the BOT were unqualified to oversee UM Athletics
---Years of telling people that Jose and Jorge Mas have helped, and would continue to help, UM Athletics
---Years of telling people that UM was sitting on a Scrooge McDuck pile of money, and that we just needed the WILL to spend
---Years of telling people that Mario Cristobal would make an excellent UM head coach
---Years of telling people that UM could build a stadium if we found a location and a lead donor

But comparing a Montana WR to an Oklahoma WR? Yeah, I'll leave that to the coaches.
Mentioning Tommy Bradley in your post doesn’t let the coaches off the hook for that miss

Advertisement
In his defense he was thrown out of bounds by the defender lol
Yeah that's absolutely fair, but it doesn't excuse the route he took; especially when you very well know, Bama is going to do everything in their power to push you out of bounds. Once he was cornered on the sideline, he was kinda f'd.

Still doesn't excuse the defense allowing Bama to go 99 yds in roughly 1:30 or something.

Advertisement
Back