Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dude is fast af, might do better at wr or even cb.
From what I've read he's an exceptional OF, but can't really hit (his stats this year aren't BAD per se, but they're not going to get him drafted).

Wonder what he'd be like if he focused solely on baseball 'cos someone MLB team would want an athlete like that in their minor league system to see what he can develop into if he shows any sort of promise.

Advertisement
We need backers BADLY.

IMO this defense is well on its way to being quite pedestrian next year unless we get some unexpected help via the portal and/or some true freshmen playing like All-Americans.

Especially if Stevenson leaves.....big yikes.
Nah with a real Defensive Scheme this D will be light years better than last year.

Nah with a real Defensive Scheme this D will be light years better than last year.

It was the scheme that made Corey Flagg unable to diagnose a counter play? The scheme gave DJ Ivey cinder blocks for feet? The scheme (the same one who produced multiple first-round edge players) made Deandre Johnson the 2nd coming of Houdini? The scheme put Te'Corey Couch on the hash on 4th and 14 and made him move OUTSIDE to a zone which had zero (0) receivers in it and was already manned by the aforementioned cement legs?

Stop. There is a LOT of dead weight here. There's some kids to be excited about, for sure. There is some talent. But there isn't nearly enough of it. And I'm not defending Diaz at all. The tackling was poor, that's reflection on your technique, which is a reflection of coaching and repetition. He deserves the blame. It was his defense, in Year 6. Zero excuse to be that bad. But if you think a new scheme is going to make some eye-opening improvement without an influx of talent, you're a lot more optimistic than I am.

Like I said, we need portal help, BADLY. And we need one of the freshmen corners to come in READY. Not trial by fire. I'm talking hair on fire from Day 1. We have zero depth or talent at corner if Stevenson leaves. Absolutely none at backer besides Keontra. And the edge is as bad as I've seen it since Richt was hired. LOT of holes to fill, and they can't be filled by Glenn Schumann or anyone else in a polo.

Advertisement
Back