Transfer Portal watch

@RVACane come get your boy he is killing it today with his porsts.
I just saw this and I’m speechless. It’s some of his best stuff. I don’t want to be mean and pile on but this is like watching myself as a parent years ago have a question and answer discussion with my then 7 year old - minus saying “you’re so dumb it hurts.”

And do you know why we don’t get dessert if we don’t eat our dinner???
😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
New HC gets hired Sun and by Tues morning already has his OC plus a likely strong QB transfer. Sigh.
You do realize Nebraska has had a head coaching opening since week 4 right? That’s nearly 3 months.

Rhule has been fired since Oct. 10. That’s seven weeks ago. But yeah let’s yell at Mario for not moving fast enough, It’s been a whole two days since the season ended.

Holy **** this board is full of impatient, incompetent individuals.

You do realize Nebraska has had a head coaching opening since week 4 right? That’s nearly 3 months.

Rhule has been fired since Oct. 10. That’s seven weeks ago. But yeah let’s yell at Mario for not moving fast enough, It’s been a whole two days since the season ended.

Holy **** this board is full of impatient, incompetent individuals.

And we've had an entire season of incompetent offensive scheming and playcalling, haven't we?

Btw, how did that long winded, patient candidate search go earlier this year?

I get it's only been two days. However, we're staring at 12/5 and an unearthly need of players on that side of the ball. Can't take forever to make a move that honestly deserved to be done in season even if I understand the bad look of it.

Advertisement
And we've had an entire season of incompetent offensive scheming and playcalling, haven't we?

Btw, how did that long winded, patient candidate search go earlier this year?

I get it's only been two days. However, we're staring at 12/5 and an unearthly need of players on that side of the ball. Can't take forever to make a move that honestly deserved to be done in season even if I understand the bad look of it.
Totally agree with some of these points. Recruits need to have an idea of what offense we’ll be running. What Mario has done to this point in terms of recruiting has been nothing short of a miracle, considering how ancient our offensive approach was.

Gattis isn’t coming back, and I don’t expect him to drag this out much longer. I would like to say he has an idea of candidates out there and that it’ll move faster than last time, but that’s nothing more than wishful thinking. Plus we’d have far bigger problems.

He was never going to fire Gattis midseason, no matter how bad the offense looked. It’s a very understated point, but firing coaches midseason isn’t a good look for incoming candidates. Giving Gattis a full season (one that was in the gutter early on) at least shows potential OC’s that you’ll have every chance to right the ship.

Gattis has no excuses, and that’s why no one is advocating for him to come back. Now if we’re still stuck with him as OC next week, I’ll agree with you that it’s taking too long - but I don’t expect him to last through Wednesday.

Are we truly excited about a qb room next year of Garcia, brown, and TVD ?
With an OC that doesn't draw up plays in the sandbox?

**** Yes!!! We already saw what TVD could be with the right Off, scheme.

We're you asleep last year?

Advertisement
I just hope we know TVDs plans quickly.

I am leaning towards him and X transferring together somewhere up north but we really need him back unless some monster QB shakes loose but even then we don’t have a competent offense or QB coach so I can’t see them making that move.

For

I am leaning towards him and X transferring together somewhere up north but we really need him back unless some monster QB shakes loose but even then we don’t have a competent offense or QB coach so I can’t see them making that move.
for some reason, I think this is strong possibility. Does TVD (and X) fully trust Mario to bring in a coach that will get him back to 1st round discussion? How far does “trust me bud”… extend?

I love portal szn

it's like recruiting round 1, round 2 is ESD, round 3 is normal signing day

It's actually even better than that, lol. There's a second portal window that opens up after spring ball.

Round 1 - Portal A (after Selection Sunday)
Round 2 - ESD
Round 3 - NSD
Round 4 - Portal B (after spring camp)

Lots of opportunity to turn a roster around.

Tvd is supposedly coming back according to 247 and I believe dmoney mentioned it

Advertisement
Back