Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Need one of BAMA or UGA backup DTs to enter portal.
UGA lost a lot doubt any DTs hit the portal....Bama will lose alot this year most of those guys likely wait their turn....if they do look for the entire country to be on them.... DE Braylen Ingram would be our best chance if he gets passed up....but imo he would likely stay there til the wheels fall off....

I knew Banks would be ready for fall ... wish we woulda went after this guy instead of Porter...already had a small type (Couch ) who will battle for major PT ...also, Banks is a one year rental Porter is not ....nothing against Porter the decision has been made he is a cane now....I'll be pulling very hard for him to prove me wrong ...

Advertisement
I knew Banks would be ready for fall ... wish we woulda went after this guy instead of Porter...already had a small type (Couch ) who will battle for major PT ...also, Banks is a one year rental Porter is not ....nothing against Porter the decision has been made he is a cane now....I'll be pulling very hard for him to prove me wrong ...

2loS.gif

Is that your professional medical opinion about Banks?

...Porter not being a 1-year rental is a good thing to most people. Only CIS.

Advertisement
So we'll know who's available by May 1st because that's the deadline to enter the portal, but when's the deadline to commit to a school to play in the fall?

So we'll know who's available by May 1st because that's the deadline to enter the portal, but when's the deadline to commit to a school to play in the fall?
the deadline varies for each school - they have to enroll by their last summer class enrollment day. For instance, FSU's deadline is May 9th, I believe Miami is late May. Etc.

Is this guy any good?

Nope.
"He’s played in one game in three years with the program, signing in the 2019 class out of Lovejoy High School in Georgia. He was signed as an offensive lineman and made the transition to defense in 2021.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...-football/article260542647.html#storylink=cpy"

Advertisement
The majority of the kids who will be hitting the Portal between now & May 1st are kids who haven’t been playing & weren’t able to crack the 2-deep this Spring.

I don’t think you’re going to see a mass exodus of high caliber starting quality players entering the Portal in these last few weeks of April, just off the simple fact if they’re good enough to start or at least be in their teams starting rotation there isn’t much incentive to leave where they’re at.

It makes perfect sense if you’re a small school upperclassman looking to increase your draft profile, but most P5 level starters aren’t just walking away from their current team unless they just didn’t like their new coaching staff or are looking for some good NIL money.

I think we’ll add Mesidor, hopefully DJ Coleman & Caleb Johnson, that would be 3 crucial pickups at positions of need.

A big play WR I’m doubtful we’ll be able to get one, unless it’s a G5 or FCS kid looking to come up.

But we’ll see how everything shakes out in the next week, whoever is supposed to be entering the Portal has to eventually get a move on, I mean idk what the **** else they could be waiting on lol

Advertisement
Agreed I got hate on here for saying we should deff sign him. Although who knows if he had any interest in coming here since lsu took him

the deadline varies for each school - they have to enroll by their last summer class enrollment day. For instance, FSU's deadline is May 9th, I believe Miami is late May. Etc.

I think we need to ask around about this (i.e., is this a new rule?), you may very well be correct. But Jarrid Williams enrolled in August of 2020. Maybe because he was a grad-transfer and not a "regular" transfer? Rules on the enrollment date are confusing.

Advertisement
Back