Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I should’ve said possibly. It’s not done yet. It doesn’t involve UM do I haven’t paid attention. After I heard Rambo I knew we were done.
Could we over sign and hope that the NCAA approves counters increase if the right guy hits the portal like a LB or DE?

Advertisement
When is this NCAA increase supposed to happen? We expect, what, 5 spots? I need more good off-season news to sustain me.

When is this NCAA increase supposed to happen? We expect, what, 5 spots? I need more good off-season news to sustain me.

Action is hoped for within three weeks. Nobody has any real idea on the number of spots, though 5 seems to be the response most frequently given in our survey of 100 people.

Advertisement
Action is hoped for within three weeks. Nobody has any real idea on the number of spots, though 5 seems to be the response most frequently given in our survey of 100 people.
The NCAA is in no hurry. But let one of the SEC schools call them and tell them they need more ICs. They will pass that rule faster than an SEC bag to a cornerback. NCAA doesn’t give a crap about the rest of the schools and certainly not the student athletes. Such a corrupt org.

Advertisement
Assuming the five spots is an accurate number, what do we think we go for? I've heard
- Another CB
- LB
- OG
- Another WR?
- ??

Quote from Mack Brown today, “If you sign a grad transfer. He counts towards your 85, but he does not count against your ’22 recruiting class. So he would be a one-year player who would come in and fills in with a need if you have some great young players but you don’t have an older guy in that group yet …"

So were currently 21signed, 2 transfers. So we would have two spots left.. but Johnson is a GT so there should be 3 spots left?

Quote from Mack Brown today, “If you sign a grad transfer. He counts towards your 85, but he does not count against your ’22 recruiting class. So he would be a one-year player who would come in and fills in with a need if you have some great young players but you don’t have an older guy in that group yet …"

So were currently 21signed, 2 transfers. So we would have two spots left.. but Johnson is a GT so there should be 3 spots left?

You misread the quote. It doesnt count against the next class.

Advertisement
Back