Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

Need Ivey for depth. But only depth. Wiggins needs to get gone
Yea just bury Ivey, Pope, and Wiggins on the depth chart. Hope they bring in 2 ready to play corners, I doubt Gaynor leaves since he will start even tho he shouldn't and hopefully they tell Jennings to move along soon.

Advertisement
That's a lie.

First, you posted this:

"With Joyner leaving, should have 3 right"

Then, when MULTIPLE people corrected you on your ignorance of the IC rules, you doubled down with:

"This says so.

Miami football roster opens up with DE/LB Patrick Joyner in transfer portal
The entry of defensive end/linebacker Patrick Joyner into the transfer portal opens up a scholarship for the Miami football program. The Miami football ros...
caneswarning.com"

Then you start blaming me for your ignorance, while other people told you to just take the L and own your mistakes.

You finished up by claiming that "I simply posted a link to an article and this jerk jumped my case". Which, of course, is not true.

Yeah, you're full of excuses and bullsh!te.

Just admit the truth, you were wrong, people corrected you, you tried to prove you were right, and now you're just mad at the world for exposing your ignorance.
LOL. Dude - get a life.

Memphis OT Obinna Eze entered the Portal. He would be OL1 for us if he came. He would be a huge upgrade over Jarrid Williams if he decides to leave. Dude would of been a 4th-5th round pick if he entered the draft
Did he play under Norvell at Memphis? I gotta imagine FSU lead candidate if so

Advertisement
Im still tryna figure out whats with all the Huff hate and talk about?.

I mean im literally the dude to bring him to the board before we even offered, and know him and his fam and im not acting like these dudes and have patience for a rs freshman. These dude slike he gotta put up...Well he just got a free year...dude literally has 3 more years to develop if he cares to..him Flagg and Cave
Doesn't he have 4 more years? Last year he RS, this year don't count so next year he's a RS Freshman?

Advertisement
The age of instant gratification and 24 hour news cycle. Patrick Queen wasn't a full-time starter until midway through his Jr year. Arthur Brown couldn't see the field at Miami and had to transfer and redshirt to emerge. Gotta get out them taeks tho and bash as many Canes as you can.

What are your thoughts on Huff?

I was extremely high on him as a recruit. His movement skills are elite for the position. I can't comment as to why he hasn't been able to get on the field, but the traits are still there.
Still young and I still see those traits flash... Having an academic redshirt, then no spring and a short fall hurt him more than others. he needs reps to learn, he just isn't a high football iq to pick it up in a playbook or film then recreate it on the field, someone can correct me if I am wrong but with an academic redshirt, then a freebie season with COVID, this is basically like his freshman year eligibility wise no?

Still young and I still see those traits flash... Having an academic redshirt, then no spring and a short fall hurt him more than others. he needs reps to learn, he just isn't a high football iq to pick it up in a playbook or film then recreate it on the field, someone can correct me if I am wrong but with an academic redshirt, then a freebie season with COVID, this is basically like his freshman year eligibility wise no?
If he wants it to be, sure. The guys who stay in college 6 years are typically the guys with a firm talent ceiling like Borland on OSU or the Venables kids.

Advertisement
Huff had an academic redshirt then this year doesn’t count. So he’s technically still a redshirt freshman next year. He has four years to play if he so chooses. Plenty of time

If he wants it to be, sure. The guys who stay in college 6 years are typically the guys with a firm talent ceiling like Borland on OSU or the Venables kids.
Huff had an academic redshirt then this year doesn’t count. So he’s technically still a redshirt freshman next year. He has four years to play if he so chooses. Plenty of time

Thats what I thought and I agree guys do not typically stay 6 years but his situation is somewhat unique. I do not see him playing on D much next year behind Brooks, so my hope is his RS Soph. year he contributes more and if he has 2 good seasons, he is likely gone. Selfishly my hope is a decent first year, good-great second year and comes back and tears it up his third year.

Memphis OT Obinna Eze entered the Portal. He would be OL1 for us if he came. He would be a huge upgrade over Jarrid Williams if he decides to leave. Dude would of been a 4th-5th round pick if he entered the draft
Everything I read about this kid was he took a huge step back this year and has been a major disappointment given his size, recruiting profile and going against G5 comp. Even guys on Memphis board didnt seem all that torn up about it.

I'm not sure taking someone like this kid would be worth pushing someone like Campbell to the portal who prob still has some untapped potential.

Advertisement
Everything I read about this kid was he took a huge step back this year and has been a major disappointment given his size, recruiting profile and going against G5 comp. Even guys on Memphis board didnt seem all that torn up about it.

I'm not sure taking someone like this kid would be worth pushing someone like Campbell to the portal who prob still has some untapped potential.
True but he's significantly better then Campbell

20210108_131830.jpg

Advertisement
Back