Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

Huff is exactly the type of kid who needs development and gets none of it at Miami. We need a real LB coach, not a hack, a businessman and a salesman. Wish Barrow were still our LB coach.

Cave saved the last class for me. Flagg is clearly a football player, but he's just not fast enough. He's a poor man's Shaq. Watching him try to get to the outside against North Carolina was like watching water boil. Cave has both the twitch and the speed. He needs more reps to be able to learn to diagnose the play. He's going to be a beast with more experience.

huff really got screwed a bit with the academic redshirt year and then losing spring when he needed those practices

Advertisement

Thanks Barry
golden state warriors smh GIF by NBA

Hopefully both of those caps are increased for 2021 temporarily to accommodate transfers due to the impact of Covid on rosters, and slowly wound back down to normal over 2022 and 2023.

The 85 counters has already been suspended for 2021, in the sense that any "seniors" who come back are exempt.

I can understand some porsters not understanding the difference between 85 Counters and 25 Initial Counters, but it's just horrible for a website to write something up as "hey, now that Joyner is leaving, we have another scholarship to give".

That's just wrong. The ENTIRE situation for the next few months will be based on ICs. THAT will be our limit, not 85 Counters.

Advertisement

Thanks Barry

If Georgia starts some **** on Stevenson, let's just say an anonymous tip will be given to the NCAA that they should look into Georgia and Arik Gilbert

Thanks Barry

But but but, I thought Barry Jackson was trying to HELP Miami?!?!

I've tried to steer clear of this disaster, but let's just state something for the record. There were a bunch of posters who had a spirited debate on whether Miami's actions constituted "tampering".

However, the technical definition of "tampering" is not really the issue here.

The real problem is the APPEARANCE of impropriety, not the actual impropriety itself. Miami fans should understand the impact of ACCUSATIONS, the impact of the CLOUD, the damage that arises when you don't have enough time in a recruiting cycle to rebut false storylines. In past years, Miami has suffered in both football and basketball recruiting due to accusations that did not ultimately lead to a finding of violations and/or sanctions.

So if Stevenson wants to come to Miami, he's got a limited window in which to do so. And if the UGa coaches, admin, and fans junk up the process with baseless (but salacious) accusations against Miami, then we are screwed again.

Thanks, Barry...

So is there a deadline to have guys in by in January so they can be eligible for spring practice and workouts, because we need as many guys in as possible for spring to up the talent level

So is there a deadline to have guys in by in January so they can be eligible for spring practice and workouts, because we need as many guys in as possible for spring to up the talent level
Whenever the add/drop date is at Miami. Looks like February 2nd

Advertisement
Mansell posted an update on some guys they are watching to either enter the transfer portal or leave. Says he is looking into the Stevenson situation today...

Advertisement
But but but, I thought Barry Jackson was trying to HELP Miami?!?!

I've tried to steer clear of this disaster, but let's just state something for the record. There were a bunch of posters who had a spirited debate on whether Miami's actions constituted "tampering".

However, the technical definition of "tampering" is not really the issue here.

The real problem is the APPEARANCE of impropriety, not the actual impropriety itself. Miami fans should understand the impact of ACCUSATIONS, the impact of the CLOUD, the damage that arises when you don't have enough time in a recruiting cycle to rebut false storylines. In past years, Miami has suffered in both football and basketball recruiting due to accusations that did not ultimately lead to a finding of violations and/or sanctions.

So if Stevenson wants to come to Miami, he's got a limited window in which to do so. And if the UGa coaches, admin, and fans junk up the process with baseless (but salacious) accusations against Miami, then we are screwed again.

Thanks, Barry...

I would expect this fanbase to know better than most that the cloud of a recruiting/player scandal can be worse for the program than sanctions actually/potentially levied. Yet the Barry Jacksoff white knights have been out in force going back to the Blades debacle.

Just an aside bug GT has 7 transfers coming in. I get the win as fast as possible approach Collins is taking but you still have to manage a roster. They have room for 2 more which I bet they take.

Advertisement
Just an aside bug GT has 7 transfers coming in. I get the win as fast as possible approach Collins is taking but you still have to manage a roster. They have room for 2 more which I bet they take.

It depends on the transfer. a GT? I agree 7 is too many, you get 25 ICs per year and an 85 cap, you need to have people stay longer than a year. If they have 2-3 years left of eligibility? I think that is fine. basically taking a RS Frosh, no big loss.

Tech and fspoo are dealing with major roster overhauls. For different reasons of course. And tech has the ever present issue of a hard curriculum so getting high level freshman in right off the bat is tough to sell

Tech and fspoo are dealing with major roster overhauls. For different reasons of course. And tech has the ever present issue of a hard curriculum so getting high level freshman in right off the bat is tough to sell
FSU has taken a full class of 25 HS kids once since 2017. They took 10 transfers last year and are probably taking 6 this year. On top of that, they've had a mass exodus of kids. They're about to have a serious #s problem in a couple years if the NCAA doesn't change the rules.

Thanks Barry
Now that Campbell declared for the draft I think it’s more likely Reek stays at UGA bc that gives him an outside CB spot

Advertisement
Back