Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

Advertisement
This is why we needed spring practice
I know a couple coaches at camps who told me he’s so underrated. Said he dominated against top kids. He played a lot of DE. My boy said if he ran a 4.6 or higher. He’d be shocked. He plays much faster than he looks

Haven't seen anyone bring up the corner from Kansas now in the portal. Former 4 star kid from Louisiana. Would be an instant upgrade over what we have

Advertisement
Advertisement
Huff couldn’t even line up correctly in garbage time.

In his defense, sometimes Bakers defensive "alignment" isn't even correct in garbage time. **** him lining up in the wrong spot may have been beneficial seeing as our leading LB who played 100ssss of snaps ended up with less than 40 tackles.

But are the people who are disappointed in Huff wrong? Is there any merit to our opinion of him?
Guess we will see where he is at next year. He will have a full spring and full fall camp to get his stuff together. Disappointing start but I’m going to side with him coming in like a week before Florida in 2019 and not having a spring in 2020.

Advertisement
Huff is exactly the type of kid who needs development and gets none of it at Miami. We need a real LB coach, not a hack, a businessman and a salesman. Wish Barrow were still our LB coach.

Cave saved the last class for me. Flagg is clearly a football player, but he's just not fast enough. He's a poor man's Shaq. Watching him try to get to the outside against North Carolina was like watching water boil. Cave has both the twitch and the speed. He needs more reps to be able to learn to diagnose the play. He's going to be a beast with more experience.

Guess we will see where he is at next year. He will have a full spring and full fall camp to get his stuff together. Disappointing start but I’m going to side with him coming in like a week before Florida in 2019 and not having a spring in 2020.
I understand that my man. But the people who played over him even had less time than Huff. Didn't Brooks, Cave, and Flagg have either the same amount of time as Huff or as in the case of Cave and Flagg less time than him to prepare to play? And now with Miami supposedly portal shopping for LB experience and with our LB haul of Troutman and Johnson, more bodies and more competition will make Huff seeing the field even that much harder. Not to mention, Miami has a striker position which eliminates another traditional LB spot on defense and James Williams will play somewhere.....even that much harder for Huff.

Huff couldn’t even line up correctly in garbage time.

In his defense, several starters had similar issues. But Huff must have led the nation in special teams penalties this year. They would show him getting a lecture once a game after a kickoff

Advertisement
Huff is exactly the type of kid who needs development and gets none of it at Miami. We need a real LB coach, not a hack, a businessman and a salesman. Wish Barrow were still our LB coach.

Cave saved the last class for me. Flagg is clearly a football player, but he's just not fast enough. He's a poor man's Shaq. Watching him try to get to the outside against North Carolina was like watching water boil. Cave has both the twitch and the speed. He needs more reps to be able to learn to diagnose the play. He's going to be a beast with more experience.
Don’t bail out Huff. Dudes been here for 2 years and got passed up by true freshmen. At some point it’s on him. He needs to get his dumbass in the playbook and figure it the **** out. Bc clearly other kids have. He lines up wrong that’s not a coaches fault!!!

Yup we pretend we are lining up against DK Metcalf every week in the NFL instead of the usual smaller faster quicker guys that live in college football

I hate how we pretend we are an NFL minor league team instead of building a team full of speed, instincts , and above all dog mentality that drive them. Some of our best corners the past few years have not fit the mold they want.... Young, Couch, Bandy, Corn.
All great examples. With our line the last 4 years we dont need nfl prototypes, we need sticky guys.

Advertisement
Back