Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

Advertisement
Rambo jumps to the top of the list. I haven’t watched any of the SJSU kid but I think they’ll be more WRs out there. Have to land King a legit #1 guy.
Have to get an above average P5 WR and hopefully Brinson has a Coley/Richards type freshman year. Duasso said on the pod hes that type of player however hes bias and his evals are inconsistent for someone who is always around the players.

Similar to who?
he's a slot receiver and we essentially have an entire roster of slot receivers. dude put up some decent numbers in the lincoln riley system but we can only take 1 guy and have a need for a very specific kind of receiver. he would obviously make the team better but we need to be selective.

Is there a top ranked list of portal prospects out there like we've seen in past years?

Last edited:
Advertisement
They became aware very recently, as I understand it, and it didn’t come from us or any Miami people. That’s part of why I merged threads. I left it to @Cribby if he wanted to elaborate and he said he did not want to at this time.

They became aware of it before their bowl game. You knew that the moment he started at corner. I made a reference to it in the game thread.

he's a slot receiver and we essentially have an entire roster of slot receivers. dude put up some decent numbers in the lincoln riley system but we can only take 1 guy and have a need for a very specific kind of receiver. he would obviously make the team better but we need to be selective.
So he’s not really similar to anyone other than position?

Advertisement
He’s not very good
Is he better than what we have? I know we are thin at CB but LB has to be priority. Imo its the worse position group on the team with WRs in a close 2nd. The only reason ppl would say WR is bc the position is much easier to evaluate. Plus I think Keyshawn Smith and Romello Brinson are gonna step up.

So he’s not really similar to anyone other than position?
he's a smallish, thin YAC heavy receiver who wins in the middle of the field whether on intermediate routes or deep shots. there's a whole 6 min video of his highlights from 2019. you can go and press play and see for yourself lol.

he plays a lot like harley and pope -- he's better than pope clearly, not even sure he's that much better than harley. it's a repetitive skill set for our roster. we need to find a bigger receiver who can win outside of the numbers. this isn't a very controversial opinion.

Is he better than what we have? I know we are thin at CB but LB has to be priority. Imo its the worse position group on the team with WRs in a close 2nd. The only reason ppl would say WR is bc the position is much easier to evaluate. Plus I think Keyshawn Smith and Romello Brinson are gonna step up.
Better than McCloud and Jennings but still more of the same. I’d rather role with Brooks, Flagg, and Cave and hope Huff figures it out soon.

Advertisement
Better than McCloud and Jennings but still more of the same. I’d rather role with Brooks, Flagg, and Cave and hope Huff figures it out soon.
Thanks for the info. Crazy how Flagg might be our best LB with possibly the least amount of talent.

Advertisement
Thanks for the info. Crazy how Flagg might be our best LB with possibly the least amount of talent.
Least amount of athleticism. Even in the evolution of the game my preference is to still favor production. It seems to translate far more than people tend to believe - and Flagg is one that has definitely produced at the HS level.

Least amount of athleticism. Even in the evolution of the game my preference is to still favor production. It seems to translate far more than people tend to believe - and Flagg is one that has definitely produced at the HS level.
Ur right

Man it's crazy y'all worried about certain "skillsets" with these wrs and yet our two STARTERS couldn't do the number one thing a wr supposed to do..... Catch a ******* ball. Listen, anyone that can catch would be an upgrade. And yes, I know that's sad but that's the **** truth.

Advertisement
Back