Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

And for the record I have watched numerous UGA games and while TS is a good player and would welcome him if he is willing to play CB...but this isnt some defense changing acquisition either. If he comes great, if not..oh well.
Have you seen our CBs versus his play? He starts here day one and gives us our first reliable CB in how long? How is that not defense changing?

Advertisement
You obviously are too slow to see what the big issue here is. You’re speaking definitively on something you have no clue about . Which is another problem with this generation.
Ok so you must be really hurt by this huh, bruh? Throwing insults now? LOL. Calling me slow? You dont know me and I dont know you so how about we keep this about Cane football. Im a grown a$$ man and I assume you are too so lets talk like men and leave the gangsta **** to the side..

To be fair it’s a message board , these aren’t journalists.

Putting it in a paper with hundreds of thousands of eyes. Rumors and message boards go together like B Jackson and glory holes. Dude wrote a story that was all hearsay and rumors. That’s not journalism.

I don't have much of an issue with BJ writing articles based on hearsay and rumors. He's a beat writer, not Bob Woodward. I have a problem with him not taking a couple minutes after writing his first draft to think, "Ok now how can I re-write this so that it doesn't **** off the school and blow up the kids spot?" It's not only self-destructive (no one close to the program will be interested in helping you), but just bad business. Being more vague (so that it's gets message boards in a tizzy over who it could possibly be) gets more eyeballs on his articles, meaning more clicks, meaning more money. If his article leads the NCAA making phone calls to the school, he's not only ******** himself, he's ******** his newspaper too as the UM does a lot of other things besides football for which the Herald might need UM sources.

Advertisement
Some of you posters are the reason why kids in this generation are as soft mentally as they are. And soft in general. "Give the kid his moment"..."How dare he leak this information"..."Now the kid could face backlash instead of sneaking out the back door"...BOO PHUCKING HOO!! Be a man and stand on your own two feet, ten toes down and tell Kirby you want to move on or be a man and tell him you considered it but now want to stay... Either way, man the F up. And to **** with Barry J. Hes a tool and pawn. I hated it when Al Blades Jr went back and forth with him on social media about the injury thing too. If you got a problem with Barry J..call him up or step to his porch. Stop all the social media BS.

And for anyone who thinks scary a$$ Manny Diaz did anything below board on this and violated any NCAA rules you havent been paying attention to this guy for the last 4-5 years. That guy doesnt have the balls to go outside of the rules and tamper with TS.
WTF are you talking about? That Tennessee kid throws his name in the portal and three days later he commits to Miami while @Cribby had been hinting at a DE being locked down for weeks. You think Diaz treated the kid's portal announcement like a midnight release and called as soon as his name hit the portal? No. Stevenson knows he has a place at Miami if he wants it and it isn't just because he can read a depth chart.

I don't have much of an issue with BJ writing articles based on hearsay and rumors. He's a beat writer, not Bob Woodward. I have a problem with him not taking a couple minutes after writing his first draft to think, "Ok now how can I re-write this so that it doesn't **** off the school and blow up the kids spot?" It's not only self-destructive (no one close to the program will be interested in helping you), but just bad business. Being more vague (so that it's gets message boards in a tizzy over who it could possibly be) gets more eyeballs on his articles, meaning more clicks, meaning more money.
Exactly, he has a job to do. But he can do his job without putting anynifnthe parties at risk. "Miami looking to add significant players via the portal ", "Miami will address their secondary via the portal". There is really no reason to include the player's name.

It's not even good for Barry as a business. Im sure this spreads amongst the local kids. Why would they ever give him the time of day for anything knowing he can ***** them later.

Some of you posters are the reason why kids in this generation are as soft mentally as they are. And soft in general. "Give the kid his moment"..."How dare he leak this information"..."Now the kid could face backlash instead of sneaking out the back door"...BOO PHUCKING HOO!! Be a man and stand on your own two feet, ten toes down and tell Kirby you want to move on or be a man and tell him you considered it but now want to stay... Either way, man the F up. And to **** with Barry J. Hes a tool and pawn. I hated it when Al Blades Jr went back and forth with him on social media about the injury thing too. If you got a problem with Barry J..call him up or step to his porch. Stop all the social media BS.

And for anyone who thinks scary a$$ Manny Diaz did anything below board on this and violated any NCAA rules you havent been paying attention to this guy for the last 4-5 years. That guy doesnt have the balls to go outside of the rules and tamper with TS.
It wasn’t about giving him his moment. It was about up until very recently his coaches at UGA didn’t know he was interested in coming here and leaking that would have been bad because it would have tipped them off early on and given them more time to work on him and would have not been helpful to us. At least his coaches learned recently and not from CIS.

Not everything fits the give the kid his moment narrative.

WTF are you talking about? That Tennessee kid throws his name in the portal and three days later he commits to Miami while @Cribby had been hinting at a DE being locked down for weeks. You think Diaz treated the kid's portal announcement like a midnight release and called as soon as his name hit the portal? No. Stevenson knows he has a place at Miami if he wants it and it isn't just because he can read a depth chart.
Yo what are you talking about? LOL. Posters on here were saying this could be a violation of NCAA rules if they decided to dig deeper into this TS situation and I responded by saying that Manny doesnt have the balls to do anything outside of the NCAA rules. So whatever happened or didnt happen thats the last thing I am worried about. Calm down.

Advertisement
To be fair it’s a message board , these aren’t journalists.

Putting it in a paper with hundreds of thousands of eyes. Rumors and message boards go together like B Jackson and glory holes. Dude wrote a story that was all hearsay and rumors. That’s not journalism.

oh no doubt it’s a **** move and not real journalism because there’s nothing factual being reported. I’m just saying it wasn’t UM who leaked it

Yo what are you talking about? LOL. Posters on here were saying this could be a violation of NCAA rules if they decided to dig deeper into this TS situation and I responded by saying that Manny doesnt have the balls to do anything outside of the NCAA rules. So whatever happened or didnt happen thats the last thing I am worried about. Calm down.
If Diaz or the staff had any contact in terms of recruiting Stevenson that would be violation/tampering in the NCAA's eyes. So yes if Stevenson is the name of the CB that has been mentioned vaguely on this board then Diaz does have "the balls to step outside of NCAA rules". Doesn't even have to be TS. Thats enough if the NCAA cared to take issue with it.

Advertisement
Stevenson would be an AMAZING transfer if we could get him. I didn't watch a lot of Georgia games this year. But he played great in the bowl game (as did Campbell). Very impressive.

Imagine a starting 3 of Stevenson, Couch and Blades, with Bolden, Hall and the Williamses over at Safety, Gil and Keontra at Striker? I would go so far as to argue we were at parity talentwise with Clemson at that point, as least when looking at our starting lineups. Just need to find a killer LB to complete the puzzle.

If Diaz or the staff had any contact in terms of recruiting Stevenson that would be violation/tampering in the NCAA's eyes. So yes if Stevenson is the name of the CB that has been mentioned vaguely on this board then Diaz does have "the balls to step outside of NCAA rules". Doesn't even have to be TS. Thats enough if the NCAA cared to take issue with it.
And I am saying I would wager that they didnt. If anything, all of this was done through some middle man. Diaz might be alot of things but he sure aint dumb. He is the son of a politician. I am sure he learned a few things about getting around the system. If you think he is dumb enough to involve himself or his staff..then thats your opinion. We will soon find out, won't we?

Advertisement
Stevenson would be an AMAZING transfer if we could get him. I didn't watch a lot of Georgia games this year. But he played great in the bowl game (as did Campbell). Very impressive.

Imagine a starting 3 of Stevenson, Couch and Blades, with Bolden, Hall and the Williamses over at Safety, Gil and Keontra at Striker? I would go so far as to argue we were at parity talentwise with Clemson at that point, as least when looking at our starting lineups. Just need to find a killer LB to complete the puzzle.
Don't get your hopes up. According to folks on here, the deal is probably all but dead now because of the leak. Dont do it to yourself. Between T2 and Jason Marshall we have been fed enough BS for one recruiting season.

If we want a chance we need to keep him from going back to Athens at all. Kirby is a salesman and a dam good one at that. How you think he sold all those five star quarterbacks on going to Georgia committing career suicide. Kid will get talked into staying. And why would he come here? We ain’t sending corners to the league

Don't get your hopes up. According to folks on here, the deal is probably all but dead now because of the leak. Dont do it to yourself. Between T2 and Jason Marshall we have been fed enough BS for one recruiting season.
You thinking it’s about a ******* deal proves you’re an idiot. Thanks for giving us the smoking gun

Advertisement
Back