Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

Brad Tejeda > Barry Jackson.

I think there are lots of ways that a journalist can write a story without getting the kid or the program in hot water. Note to Barry- how about just saying, "Miami could be interested in a certain DB from S Fl. He was one of the top recruits in his class and is currently at a SEC program. However he is playing out of position there so the transfer portal may be a possibility." Now you have people interested, and teasing the info can generate clicks that will help the dying newspaper company you work for. When the kid actually goes into portal, you can circle back and say that was the kid you were referring to earlier and then you look like a smart guy with sources. So the next time you speculate about a transfer possibility, people will click on your article because you have built up some credibility. And then that generates more money. Leave them wanting more, Barry.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think there are lots of ways that a journalist can write a story without getting the kid or the program in hot water. Note to Barry- how about just saying, "Miami could be interested in a certain DB from S Fl. He was one of the top recruits in his class and is currently at a SEC program. However he is playing out of position there so the transfer portal may be a possibility." Now you have people interested, and teasing the info can generate clicks that will help the dying newspaper company you work for. When the kid actually goes into portal, you can circle back and say that was the kid you were referring to earlier and then you look like a smart guy with sources. So the next time you speculate about a transfer possibility, people will click on your article because you have built up some credibility. And then that generates more money. Leave them wanting more, Barry.
Barry Jackson seems to think that journalism is publishing rumor and innuendo as quickly as possible rather than verifying.

9C4584DB-CB7F-44AD-8088-BA6105057A2D.jpeg

What if they look at this and investigate and find something else? What if TS gets talked out of it now? It was complete garbage by him he is a snake. The board is right, this wouldn’t happen anywhere else.
Alot of "What Ifs" in this statement. Funny how we are never on the right side of BS like this. Cant tell you how many times **** was leaked about a south fla recruit going somewhere else to play ball instead of UM and us just having to eat that **** and get over it. Tired of that ****. Funny how we have lost recruits due to other schools coming in with a $$$ bag dating all the way back to Patrick "Johnson" Peterson in 2008 and us just having to eat **** and get over it even though everyone knows what really happened... I would like for us to be in the right side of this for once. Regardless of how it got out.

Advertisement
Barry Jackson seems to think that journalism is publishing rumor and innuendo as quickly as possible rather than verifying.
His entire column at the Herald is based around rumors and scuttlebutt. You should see his Miami Heat rumors.

"The heat would be interested in Anthony Davis should he opt out of his contract". No ******* ****. He's probably the most plugged in media reporter locally, but the line between reality/rumors is very thin with him

Whoever is leaking **** to Barry needs to be taken care of.

update: BLAKE BAKER is leaking info to Barry, he needs to be fired NOW
Yep - and you start with the obvious? Who has the most to benefit from a leak like this?
And you work your way from there. It’s not Manny, I can tell you that.
Anyone disgruntled? Anyone with poor judgement? (Fvck, that’s the entire coaching staff and Blake).

Maybe momma Stevenson needs a new car & needs another Georgia payment?

Mario? J/k 😂😂

Advertisement
To be fair it’s a message board , these aren’t journalists.

Putting it in a paper with hundreds of thousands of eyes. Rumors and message boards go together like B Jackson and glory holes. Dude wrote a story that was all hearsay and rumors. That’s not journalism.
To be fair that’s exactly what “journalism“ is these days. The word has no meaning anymore.

What if they look at this and investigate and find something else? What if TS gets talked out of it now? It was complete garbage by him he is a snake. The board is right, this wouldn’t happen anywhere else.
This doesn’t happen in sec towns , they know better. I live in Gainesville , I know. Bama players drive around in new Camaros lol, imagine if they happened at UM. Miami will never be able to be like those places. Miami’s own alums hang them out to dry. Boosters too.

Advertisement
I knew we had a transfer CB in the works who was not in the portal yet and figured out who it was from reading this message board. Now if I could figure out it, what makes anyone think others wouldn't as well. That includes reporters, other sites, informants for other teams who may be lurking etc.

Same thing with the Marshall incident. I knew what was going down and I am no insider, it was from reading this board.

As much as I absolutely love the inside stuff Cribby and others post, at what point it is better to just leave it off the board?
There is a HUGE difference between gleaning details from an anonymous poster on a free Miami message board that has no reliable/provable credibility as a source and actual credible information from a verified source. Even if they did somehow manage to put together some pieces by reading the board, that information would be acquired completely through assumptions. Like @Cribby said, no credible reporter should be using that for anything because itis just anonymous gossip.

What would his article say? "My source, the user Cribby on CanesInsight is an anonymous poster whom some people on the board believe, although without much evidence, knows people related to the program, says that UM has interest in a CB not yet in the portal. After stalking all of his posts, I have determined the CB in question is a good player that UM may or may not have recruited at some point. This leads me to the following guesses as to who this may be. I hope I am interpreting this anonymous poster's messages correctly."

Some of you posters are the reason why kids in this generation are as soft mentally as they are. And soft in general. "Give the kid his moment"..."How dare he leak this information"..."Now the kid could face backlash instead of sneaking out the back door"...BOO PHUCKING HOO!! Be a man and stand on your own two feet, ten toes down and tell Kirby you want to move on or be a man and tell him you considered it but now want to stay... Either way, man the F up. And to **** with Barry J. Hes a tool and pawn. I hated it when Al Blades Jr went back and forth with him on social media about the injury thing too. If you got a problem with Barry J..call him up or step to his porch. Stop all the social media BS.

And for anyone who thinks scary a$$ Manny Diaz did anything below board on this and violated any NCAA rules you havent been paying attention to this guy for the last 4-5 years. That guy doesnt have the balls to go outside of the rules and tamper with TS.

Some of you posters are the reason why kids in this generation are as soft mentally as they are. And soft in general. "Give the kid his moment"..."How dare he leak this information"..."Now the kid could face backlash instead of sneaking out the back door"...BOO PHUCKING HOO!! Be a man and stand on your own two feet, ten toes down and tell Kirby you want to move on or be a man and tell him you considered it but now want to stay... Either way, man the F up. And to **** with Barry J. Hes a tool and pawn. I hated it when Al Blades Jr went back and forth with him on social media about the injury thing too. If you got a problem with Barry J..call him up or step to his porch. Stop all the social media BS.

And for anyone who thinks scary a$$ Manny Diaz did anything below board on this and violated any NCAA rules you havent been paying attention to this guy for the last 4-5 years. That guy doesnt have the balls to go outside of the rules and tamper with TS.
You obviously are too slow to see what the big issue here is. You’re speaking definitively on something you have no clue about . Which is another problem with this generation.

Advertisement
Back