Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

Advertisement
Seems ironic, right? The fan base LOVED him until it seemed like he clowned the entire fan base at the last minute and signed with OU. Then that stupid barbershop video. He burned the bridges, not the fanbase. And his buddy/handler Darrin Hood still disses the canes on his social media...
So would he come here and then his buddy starts bytching because he's not respected, doesn't get enough playing time, etc.?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think what Hasselwood said was spot on about our recent team culture. It always sucks when someone from the outside speaks reality about what everyone sees. I would take him just because of his comments

Dang so you saying we could’ve avoided all this . JH could just been a cane from the jump and been the number 1 WR leading the WR room with Harley... crazy how things work out smh

Advertisement
I agree with this 100%. He didn’t mean to diss us with that video he was just keepin it real but he and his handler guy didn’t know when to say when and it got blown out of proportion and as kids do they forget how **** even started

Hood is not a kid. He's a grown man who hangs with kids. No excuse for him. I get that he's been a mentor/male figure in Haselwood's life,

I always thought Haselwood was a dog - very competitive and has a lot of talent. From what I remember one of the reasons he wasn't that enamored with OU from the start was because they already had 2 4-5 star WR committed. He was looking to be a feature guy. (and maybe had some kind of personal issue with one of those other guys?) Family feud over where he went and his daddy won.

It's tough being a big fish in a small pond and then being dumped in the ocean....

For me, there's no personal feelings - I don't care what he does. I don't know the kid at all. But from what I do know of the first recruitment and what did happen, I don't see him being a positive addition to the locker room right now. Maybe the staff will see it differently.

I think what Hasselwood said was spot on about our recent team culture. It always sucks when someone from the outside speaks reality about what everyone sees. I would take him just because of his comments
If that's what he did and that was the end of it, I could agree. But it isn't

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back