Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

Advertisement
Look, you would know better than me but what other explanation could there be? They practice better? They are upperclassmen? At a certain point it does look suspicious.
Payton was getting burn then dropped balls , ran wrong routes and is a bit of a knuckle head.
Redding was playing a lot early then the Covid happened. Same with alot of the young guys. Tbh nobody did anything to prove they deserved time. The one guy that leaves me scratching my head is Smith. He flashes, was the only one who got behind Clemson db’s, then he flashed again yesterday. I get that gripe.

I think they’re just playing favorites with upperclassmen. Chaney flashed all year end was obviously the best rb, yet how many carries did he get yesterday? Is that cooney ?

Wht about the ol ? Gaynor and scaife get their poo pushed in every other play, is that cooney?

Diaz has said countless times Lashlee runs the o and that’s his deal , manny stays around the d. So you think somebody with that much power and pull would be controlled by a recruiting guy ?

The whole team is biased to older guys , should I even mention lb?

Notice this conspiracy theory is leaving out all the other areas where there’s favoritism towards older guys , whys that ? Oh cooney didn’t coach them in hs.

Last edited:
Payton was getting burn then dropped balls , ran wrong routes and is a bit of a knuckle head.
Redding was playing a lot early then the Covid happened. Same with alot of the young guys. Tbh nobody did anything to prove they deserved time. The one guy that leaves me scratching my head is Smith. He flashes, was the only one who got behind Clemson db’s, then he flashed again yesterday. I get that gripe.

I think they’re just playing favorites with upperclassmen. Chaney flashed all year end was obviously the best rb, yet how many carries did he get yesterday? Is that cooney ?

Wht about the ol ? Gaynor and scaife get their poo pushed in every other play, is that cooney?

Diaz has said countless times Lashlee runs the o and that’s his deal , manny stays around the d. So you think somebody with that much power and pull would be controlled by a recruiting guy ?

Notice this conspiracy theory is leaving out all the other areas where there’s favoritism towards older guys , whys that ? Oh cooney didn’t coach them in hs.
That's fair. I guess at the end of the day, the main gripe is there is no meritocracy in terms of playing time. I hear what you're saying about Manny having his hands off the offense, but that means Lashlee has the same philosophy of not trusting young guys. It seems like to some extent, that comes from Manny.

Look, you would know better than me but what other explanation could there be? They practice better? They are upperclassmen? At a certain point it does look suspicious.

I think it has been a combo platter. One aspect was Covid. I don't believe that Wiggins-Pope-Harley missed a single game with Covid, while the young WRs did. Playbook is probably another aspect.

And, yeah, I know some guys are going to say "but this has happened for years" or whatever other argument. We can't go back and relitigate the past. I do know that there has to be a more concrete reason when those three made SO MANY easy drops.

Remember, we did have that one week where "anyone can be the starter" at WR, and that's when Harley played out of his mind and Pope/Wiggins didn't look as fvcktarded as usual.

Advertisement
Well, for one thing I woke up this morning on the right side of the dirt, so that's alwasy good.

Oh, and there's cold beer in the fridge!

The good news keeps coming!

More good news. Your post reminded me that I ran out of beer last night (before switching to something to Rabbit Hole Kentucky Straight around 9:10 pm) and need to go procure some more before UiF falls flat on its face tonight. So you have also legitimately contributed to increasing my quality of life this evening!

Most annoying part is you look at Bama and Saban has no issue throwing upperclassmen in the bushes for better younger guys. He's starting a freshman on the EDGE in their 3-4 this year because he was obviously the most talented kid. I'd rather deal with the growing pains of some freshman if they can pick up the plays and have a higher ceiling. Then they're rolling by the year end.

More good news. Your post reminded me that I ran out of beer last night (before switching to something to Rabbit Hole Kentucky Straight around 9:10 pm) and need to go procure some more before UiF falls flat on its face tonight. So you have also legitimately contributed to increasing my quality of life this evening!
Bourbon is never a bad choice.

How mopey is this board going to get?
sad winnie the pooh GIF

Advertisement

In fairness, Don and Cam got the same number of carries last night (and we were playing from behind basically the whole game). As the season has gone on, they've shifted the share of snaps/carries in favor of Chaney. But I otherwise agree. Most college coaches prefer starting upperclassmen versus freshmen, but it's just a blatant and frustrating (and teamwide) problem here because there are clear spots (like WR and LB) where the upperclassmen are not pulling their weight.

Honestly, Ivins would be dumb to not lurk on this site lol. It's a dirty game but hey....

Advertisement
Most annoying part is you look at Bama and Saban has no issue throwing upperclassmen in the bushes for better younger guys. He's starting a freshman on the EDGE in their 3-4 this year because he was obviously the most talented kid. I'd rather deal with the growing pains of some freshman if they can pick up the plays and have a higher ceiling. Then they're rolling by the year end.
Mate, Alabama might as well be playing a different sport.

How they, Clemson and Ohio St operate is at a completely different level to everyone else.

Advertisement
Mate, Alabama might as well be playing a different sport.

How they, Clemson and Ohio St operate is at a completely different level to everyone else.
It’s not about that. They play the young guys. Bama is just the first example that came to mind. Not being scared to play young and talented guys is the premise here.

Advertisement
Back