Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

To be clear, no one said that Staff reached out to a kid not in the portal. Kids thinking of leaving a school have friends on other teams they can talk to sooooo hypothetical questions can be asked I would assume.
yeah i’m not suggesting anything just asking about the process rules.

Advertisement
Just FYI I am friends with someone on staff from the school we are getting the CB from and he reads our boards.

I would avoid the guessing games before someone tips our hand and they get wind of it too soon.

Behind the scenes stuff can get ugly.
[deleted by Maude]
Why would you post that then? You pretty much snitched just now

Advertisement
One of the dumbest tropes on is here that somebody is all set on moving somewhere, going to a school, ready to play for a coach but somebody said it online first and that kills everything.
How about if it gives the other staff the opportunity to sell the kid on staying? Another poster gave an example of Haselwood looking to transfer to UNC and the Oklahoma staff got him to stay. This is a little different than a high school recruit's announcement being blown.

Advertisement
It's not being cancelled. People just have to be more careful.

The real issue is people making the White Power sign in photos. In the entire history of photography, when people were posing side-by-side, about 4 people ever chose to make the "OK" symbol.

Now...inexplicably...lots and lots of...white people...are making the "OK symbol"...for no apparent reason.

Look, I don't really care what people do in pictures. I just find it comical that they refuse to own it afterwards, and they come up with ridiculously transparent explanations for why they just HAD to make the "OK symbol" in a photo.
You can't make this b.s. up.....

Advertisement
765A9683-92CC-4B50-AC05-A40148E10FEF.gif

Advertisement
I haven't been following over xmas break as much and some of the threads have been unbearable, can we get a quick rundown of where we're at with a couple things?
- has the ncaa changed any total #'s allowing us to accept more portal kids? or are we still at 3 total spots including FR?
- is the consensus that we are looking for (CB portal, CB FR, OL and i think i read ya'll want a portal RB)?
- have there been any portal names appear that are legit options? I believe a couple of you are still saying to wait it out for more names to appear.

thanks

Advertisement
Back