Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

Advertisement
I think if we need a RB, one will be delivered in the portal. You’ve been emphatic about this for some time and I can’t disagree, and I think an upper classman makes sense as well.
I hate beating a dead horse here but I don't want it to be like a 2017 scenario when Walton went down and Homer took over. Dallas was moved to RB and filled in nicely. We also got very lucky Homer didn't get hurt on special teams that year.

We were very fortunate this year that Rooster was the only back who missed time with injury and that was sustained in game 9. Harris and Don were nicked up all season and Burns missed a couple games due to Covid I believe.

Advertisement
I hate beating a dead horse here but I don't want it to be like a 2017 scenario when Walton went down and Homer took over. Dallas was moved to RB and filled in nicely. We also got very lucky Homer didn't get hurt on special teams that year.

We were very fortunate this year that Rooster was the only back who missed time with injury and that was sustained in game 9. Harris and Don were nicked up all season and Burns missed a couple games due to Covid I believe.
I think there will be some really good RBs (and other positions) in the portal after bowl season. I've been looking around at a few boards to see what may be happening with opt outs, expected transfers, etc. Seems like a number of blue chip guys who may not be getting the time/carries they want could decide to hit the portal. Seems like not everyone who is thinking of making a move has actually gone public. Likely some of them are working the behind the scenes channels to be sure they have a solid landing spot before they hit the portal..

I think there will be some really good RBs (and other positions) in the portal after bowl season. I've been looking around at a few boards to see what may be happening with opt outs, expected transfers, etc. Seems like a number of blue chip guys who may not be getting the time/carries they want could decide to hit the portal. Seems like not everyone who is thinking of making a move has actually gone public. Likely some of them are working the behind the scenes channels to be sure they have a solid landing spot before they hit the portal..
Between you and Rva I can maybe take a break.

The entire CFB Transfer Portal world is about to be our oyster

Advertisement
Advertisement
Outside of Tate everyone of our portal transfers has had some success and/or draft stock has had an uptick.

This should be an easy pitch for Manny to other transfer players in the portal. They would be foolish not to consider us.

That’s just smart speculation given the results.

Some like Manny and some don’t but there is no denying he has the portal blueprint.

You actually know. We’re just speculating.

Outside of Tate everyone of our portal transfers has had some success and/or draft stock has had an uptick.

This should be an easy pitch for Manny to other transfer players in the portal. They would be foolish not to consider us.

That’s just smart speculation given the results.

Some like Manny and some don’t but there is no denying he has the portal blueprint.
Tommy Kennedy, too.

There will be an abundance of every position in the portal after the bowls and there will be a bunch of pretty good players ending up without a P5 spot.
Pretty sure we will be able to find whatever we need IF we have enough spots to take them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Try not to make it about how the Dolphins can get Rousseau and Phillips.
@cosdenc you’re an insufferable weirdo for downvoting this. The other thread on portal transfers was derailed with Dolphins talk so a new thread was started by me as a result.

What the **** is wrong with you? I know you played when they wore leather helmets so I should probably just let it slide.... but I won’t.

Advertisement
Back