Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

Advertisement
If he's better than what we have and is the best we can do in the portal, then I hope we take him. That said, it would be embarrassing to line up against Alabama with a starting linebacker who just transferred out of there for being buried on the depth chart.
Dude is behind literally three five stars.

Ive seen certain Bama boards call this the best outside/inside LB core they've ever had. This kid has been coached by and put into elite S&C programs for 2yrs. There's noway his ceiling isn't higher than the bulk of the jags Mannys recruited the past 4yrs
He’s an OLB there which means he’s a DE here…

we are fine there we need a true Mike LB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why aren’t we?

Sorry we don’t have a sure fire 1st rounder at DE this year…

Harvey, Johnson, Cam, and Chantz all have the talent to make an All ACC team
Based on what? We didnt have a sure fire first round pick this time last year but i knew we were fine with phillips. I dont see it with harvey. I dont see it with cam. Chantz still isnt ready.

Based on what? We didnt have a sure fire first round pick this time last year but i knew we were fine with phillips. I dont see it with harvey. I dont see it with cam. Chantz still isnt ready.
Our current d ends seem like kids who will all be solid albeit unspectacular, a true committee approach, but I feel ok with the situation considering we have Simpson again whose a very good teacher of fundamentals.

I'll trust the system. Wisconsin never really worries about their RB position no matter who is back there. Here freshman DEs have had success. Transfers have had success. Former high school safeties/WRs turned into DEs eat. I don't think that ends with Harvey, Williams and Johnson.

Advertisement
That's why you're not a coach and instead sitting in your chair with the bag of chips spilling out onto the floor.

I'll trust the system. Wisconsin never really worries about their RB position no matter who is back there. Here freshman DEs have had success. Transfers have had success. Former high school safeties/WRs turned into DEs eat. I don't think that ends with Harvey, Williams and Johnson.
Wisconsin usually has one of the better OL so it would make sense as to why they don't worry about a RB. I also think you meant to say sophomore DEs have had success here; Joe and Garvin were the only DE in Manny's tenure to impress as true freshman.

There wasn't a need to worry with someone like Garvin starting as a sophomore because of what he did to 1st round OTs his freshman season and the chatter that we heard throughout camp about him. I don't get that same feeling with Harvey, Chantz, or Cam. Maybe that changes as the season nears.

DEs producing under Diaz has yet to be a problem… with Jess coaching them up and working on technique I worry even less.

You sound kind a poster who a month ago was saying the world was falling because we had no DBs committed. Then Trob reminded you he is that G

Advertisement
I posted a comment on the LB thread. Moore from Vanderbilt is still in the portal. We should just call it a day and bring him in.

The only reason not to do that is if we have a strong reason to believe that some monster LB is just waiting to complete his Summer session before hitting the portal. Some of the insiders on here hinted that was true back when Moore hit the portal and we passed on him. Yet it's July 1st and we've seen zero movement. Is it still true?

Advertisement
Back