Transfer Portal (U Only)

We’re up to 15 portal entries now.
Still waiting on the offense...

Other than Jackson, everyone else was expected...

Transfer Out:
WR: Romello Brinson - 12/6/22 Discuss
DT: Jordan Miller - 12/6/22 Discuss
RB: Jaylan Knighton - 12/6/22 Discuss
DT: Darrell Jackson - 12/5/22 Discuss
CB: Isaiah Dunson - 12/3/22 Discuss
WR: Keyshawn Smith - 12/1/22 Discuss
S: Al Blades Jr. - 12/1/22 Discuss
S: Avantae Williams - 11/29/22 Discuss
S: Keyshawn Washington - 11/24/22 Discuss
S: Jalen Harrell - 11/23/22 Discuss
DT: Allan Haye Jr. - 11/22/22 Discuss
LB: Avery Huff - 11/21/22 Discuss
DE: Elijah Roberts - 11/20/22 Discuss
RB: Thad Franklin - 11/18/22 Discuss
S/LB: Gilbert Frierson - 11/15/22 Discuss

Advertisement
TVD walking into Hecht. Still not as bad as the Baga o-line room though!

Saying Goodbye Will Smith GIF by MOODMAN
Soon he's going to have as many people around him as Will Ferrell did when he went streaking in Old School.

Advertisement
Unless Mario gets off his *** it’s gonna get worse cause I can’t imagine portal kids wanting to come here not knowing who they will be playing for…Does Texas still play 7 on 7 …maybe we can join that league🤷‍♂️Might not have a choice…

Last edited:
Who will he miss that can't be replaced?

WR: Romello Brinson - 12/6/22 Discuss (14 - 89 in 2 years)
RB: Jaylan Knighton - 12/6/22 Discuss (40 - 497 IN 3 years)
WR: Keyshawn Smith - 12/1/22 Discuss (41-589 in 3 years)
RB: Thad Franklin - 11/18/22 Discuss (6 - 59 in 2 years)

None are can't replace, but at the very least they're depth. Running back room is down to nothing with two of three missing all or **** close to it, the entire season. Mario and company can't recruit an elite back to this U with as close to a guarantee as you'll ever get for playing time.

Receiver, we want it spread out, what's left to do that? Even if they aren't your main target, they still had to have someone cover them.

You need more than what we've got to run practice.

Portal Portal Portal

Thays great, but you know all these guys all talk. It's not going to be nice if Gattis is kept. We'll get portal scraps and you can't count on true freshman, they just aren't ready week in and week out.

He's just digging himself another hole this upcoming season. This many leaving, it's a bad look. Nobody looks at it and says, yes, coach is cleaning house, that happens year one. Team was a joke and his staff failed to justify their pay. Meanwhile the days go by and no changes are made witb the staff. Great look.

Advertisement
Anyone that sees this list of players and freaks out hasn't been paying attention to this team. We lost a bunch of mid players. Some people acted this way about players that previously portal'd out and never did anything. Seriously...is Gus Edwards basically the best player to transfer out over the last 10 years?

This is a good thing. We're going to have more spots than maybe we originally expected. Hit the portal good and this team will end up having twice as much talent as it did this year.

None are can't replace, but at the very least they're depth. Running back room is down to nothing with two of three missing all or **** close to it, the entire season. Mario and company can't recruit an elite back to this U with as close to a guarantee as you'll ever get for playing time.

Receiver, we want it spread out, what's left to do that? Even if they aren't your main target, they still had to have someone cover them.

You need more than what we've got to run practice.

Portal Portal Portal

Thays great, but you know all these guys all talk. It's not going to be nice if Gattis is kept. We'll get portal scraps and you can't count on true freshman, they just aren't ready week in and week out.

He's just digging himself another hole this upcoming season. This many leaving, it's a bad look. Nobody looks at it and says, yes, coach is cleaning house, that happens year one. Team was a joke and his staff failed to justify their pay. Meanwhile the days go by and no changes are made witb the staff. Great look.
What you say makes a lot of sense but I don't know what is going on inside the locker room. I will wait for this to play out before judging.

Looking at the RB and WR positions:

I would say we don't need more depth at WR, we need a #1! We have 9 as of now for next season which is what we had this season, but I'm hoping we will upgrade a couple more.

Xavier Resrepo
Coby Young
Michael Redding III
Brashard Smith
Jaolby George
Frank Ladson
Isaiah Horton
Robby Washington
Nathaniel Joseph

Running back definitely needs more depth and hopefully Chaney and Citizen can come back and stay healthy next year. I'm sure they are working on it. Going into last season I thought this was the one position we were stack in and questioned the Parrish take.

Henry Parrish Jr.
Don Chaney
TreVonte' Citizen

Nice reply HW.

Both rooms are thin for sure. We need a 1 and 2, Xavier is a 3rd or 4th best receiver in a good offense. Irregardless, it's still a thin room and that's if nobody else leaves.

Like you, I thought running back should be good. We didn't see the rest that came witb it and obviously injuries.

Guess we'll see what happens.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Still waiting on the offense...

Other than Jackson, everyone else was expected...

Transfer Out:
WR: Romello Brinson - 12/6/22 Discuss
DT: Jordan Miller - 12/6/22 Discuss
RB: Jaylan Knighton - 12/6/22 Discuss
DT: Darrell Jackson - 12/5/22 Discuss
CB: Isaiah Dunson - 12/3/22 Discuss
WR: Keyshawn Smith - 12/1/22 Discuss
S: Al Blades Jr. - 12/1/22 Discuss
S: Avantae Williams - 11/29/22 Discuss
S: Keyshawn Washington - 11/24/22 Discuss
S: Jalen Harrell - 11/23/22 Discuss
DT: Allan Haye Jr. - 11/22/22 Discuss
LB: Avery Huff - 11/21/22 Discuss
DE: Elijah Roberts - 11/20/22 Discuss
RB: Thad Franklin - 11/18/22 Discuss
S/LB: Gilbert Frierson - 11/15/22 Discuss

Only DJ is a surprise

I made an offer and visit thread to keep that organized as well. Rules are posted in thread!

Advertisement
Back