Transfer portal CB we must get?

Advertisement
Advertisement
It depends on how many years he’ll have left. Portal kid count against your numbers and you only can take 25 a year. As I understand. So if I were the staff I’d look more into grad transfers who will make a instant impact and free up that soot
He’s a true freshman that’s redshirting.

What’s his 40 time? Bama is letting him go so he obviously sucks? Am I right? I got it down pat right
There is more truth to your statements than most want to give credence too. I know you're making those statements in jest, but who was the starting LT and LB that were found with pot and illegal hand guns in their possession. Those charges magically disappeared and those kids weren't kicked off the team.

LOL if anyone thinks Saban would kick off someone he saw as a valuable contributor in the near future for smoking weed and skipping classes. This is a way for Saban to save face and say the kid, "didn't live up to his end of the bargain," for processing a kid

Advertisement
Can you imagine if Manny Diaz kicked somebody like idk Payton or Williams off the team for missing classes? The meltdown on CIS would be EPIC.
They kicking top100 players like it's nothing, must be nice to have that level of talent
He didn't get booted, just suspended. He entered the portal which means he's leaving on his terms.

Whoa I though if you redshirted youre automatically eligible if you transfer. Good to know

I think it depends on the time you entered the portal or left the team......made your transfer official. Cleveland Reed, for example, should be eligible week 2 or week 3 of next year if he does not get a waiver. This is why kids are leaving in season as opposed to just waiting until after the season even though they are redshirting. The redshirt is not official until after the season. If you decide to transfer, you are required to sit out a season unless a waiver is granted.

I could be mistaken here on this. Somebody feel free to correct me if so

Advertisement
Correct - just because they are redshirting this year they still have to apply for a waiver for the following year if they transfer

Correct, and I would expect the NCAA will be stricter on who they approve next year.

Can DVD coach the position? Seems like he relates well to players. Maybe he can replace Banda. I guy can dream
DVD is next in line to coach at Miami... he will be a CB or DB coach when the time is right..as of now he just doin the recruitng thing and kids love him and coach Cooney

Advertisement
He didn't get booted, just suspended. He entered the portal which means he's leaving on his terms.
C'mon man. He's leaving a powerhouse after one season, that produces draft picks at a high rate, to sit for a year. Maybe he didn't fit in with the program and all that, but it wasn't completely on his own terms,
Anyway my point was more about how Bama can "drop" a few 4*/5* kids every year and still be a top 6 team in the nation

Don’t think he will be allowed to come here because doesn’t Miami open with Bama on the schedule in 2 years. In the past schools would usually block in conference schools and anyone on the future schedule.

Advertisement
Back