Transfer Portal - Baseball 2026-27

scane

Redshirt Freshman
Joined
Apr 27, 2017
Messages
17,526
 
Last edited:
Adding a thread strictly for baseball transfers. Posting a kid from FGCU that should probably get a look.

IMG_6260.png
 
Last edited:
Sebastian, you have some explaining to do. Tell me he was touching 97 or something because this ain’t it if this is JDs idea when it comes to fixing the pitching.

 
OK! He seems to have D1 level stuff but still, it’s disappointing. We’re not going to develop our way out of this pitching hole. We need legitimate short term band aids. Leave HS recruiting for guys you want to develop.

 
Sebastian, you have some explaining to do. Tell me he was touching 97 or something because this ain’t it if this is JDs idea when it comes to fixing the pitching.


I always try to be real on here when I can (if i’m silent on something you can probably guess what i’m thinking lmao), I don’t see us taking 97+ unless it lands in our lap like Menendez and Marks last year.

I like these pickups to fill out a bullpen, especially with the struggles we’ve had, but hoping for more when the D1 portal gets going
 
I always try to be real on here when I can (if i’m silent on something you can probably guess what i’m thinking lmao), I don’t see us taking 97+ unless it lands in our lap like Menendez and Marks last year.

I like these pickups to fill out a bullpen, especially with the struggles we’ve had, but hoping for more when the D1 portal gets going
That's a pretty damning indictment of how we recruit our pitching. We *know* that we are flat out missing guys with velocity that are high-end arms. And JD/Laz don't seem to be actually looking for that in the portal or elsewhere? I get throwing hard isn't the only thing when it comes to pitching, but it sure as **** helps. That ought to be a trait we're looking for, or are at least trying to project for, when we're filling slots with portal or HS.

I just imagine it being something like JD/Laz saying, "man, this kid can really locate his FB and is working on 3 other pitches" And if anyone asks what the FB is they're like "Mid 80s/Low 90's *at absolute best* but he can *locate* the pitch" 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ And then they get here and can't hit the broad side of a barn...so we end up getting lower velocity and crappy control along with it. It just doesn't work for this level of baseball.
 
OK! He seems to have D1 level stuff but still, it’s disappointing. We’re not going to develop our way out of this pitching hole. We need legitimate short term band aids. Leave HS recruiting for guys you want to develop.


92 FB woo hoo (prove me wrong, Jack)
 
That's a pretty damning indictment of how we recruit our pitching. We *know* that we are flat out missing guys with velocity that are high-end arms. And JD/Laz don't seem to be actually looking for that in the portal or elsewhere? I get throwing hard isn't the only thing when it comes to pitching, but it sure as **** helps. That ought to be a trait we're looking for, or are at least trying to project for, when we're filling slots with portal or HS.

I just imagine it being something like JD/Laz saying, "man, this kid can really locate his FB and is working on 3 other pitches" And if anyone asks what the FB is they're like "Mid 80s/Low 90's *at absolute best* but he can *locate* the pitch" 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ And then they get here and can't hit the broad side of a barn...so we end up getting lower velocity and crappy control along with it. It just doesn't work for this level of baseball.
as someone else answered me on another thread.. I don't think its about missing on guys as much as we can't afford the TOP guys...
 
That's a pretty damning indictment of how we recruit our pitching. We *know* that we are flat out missing guys with velocity that are high-end arms. And JD/Laz don't seem to be actually looking for that in the portal or elsewhere? I get throwing hard isn't the only thing when it comes to pitching, but it sure as **** helps. That ought to be a trait we're looking for, or are at least trying to project for, when we're filling slots with portal or HS.

I just imagine it being something like JD/Laz saying, "man, this kid can really locate his FB and is working on 3 other pitches" And if anyone asks what the FB is they're like "Mid 80s/Low 90's *at absolute best* but he can *locate* the pitch" 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ And then they get here and can't hit the broad side of a barn...so we end up getting lower velocity and crappy control along with it. It just doesn't work for this level of baseball.

That’s part of the problem. Pitching is going to be like a QB, EDGE, or OT hitting the portal. You’re paying a premium and they already know where they are going BUT I’m not seeing the effort to supplement this and that’s a concern for me as well.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top