2023 Transfer OVs this weekend - 1/6-1/8

Or football games…
I think he does want to win but I believe fans have to understand too that some of these transfers are just going to be depth pieces. A lot of guys hit the portal but most of them was guys who weren’t playing. I think he is trying to enhance the depth and upgrade starters where need be and at some spots just let the young guys play

Advertisement
Exactly. We need a starter and a rotation guy desperately. **** I wouldn’t rule out 3 guys. It’s just that bad.
But does Mario or Steele really want some dudes to be key rotational players that won’t be here till summer at the earliest?

I think he does want to win but I believe fans have to understand too that some of these transfers are just going to be depth pieces. A lot of guys hit the portal but most of them was guys who weren’t playing. I think he is trying to enhance the depth and upgrade starters where need be and at some spots just let the young guys play

After games this year, I questioned whether he wanted to win games or instill a process… hopefully it pays off over time.

He was just happy to be in the A&M game, that was sad.

Advertisement
And add guys with a demonstrated work ethic who can add value to the young guys.

He started at Arkansas , he’s definitely an upgrade over Miller but I’d prefer we find another guy to start, if that thats possible but it would be a great pickup for a rotational guy.

Maybe Nichols not playing brought that change.
I'm fine with Nichols as we need depth plus a starter type. I'll take the experience that Roberts brings at CB. We will see where he ends up on the depth chart come fall.

What I really want to ask you is about recruiting WR through the portal. How are things looking there? Are we favored for anyone at this point? We desperately need help at WR. I'm hoping for some good news soon.

Terry Roberts is a nice player. If he stays healthy he can bring an adult to the room.

Isn't that what someone said about Boutte?

Ba-dump-bump.

I'll be here all week, folks. Don't forget to order the veal and tip your waitresses...

1672697426177.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Per Gaby, Miami is set to host a couple transfers for official visits this weekend.

Iowa cornerback Terry Roberts and Arkansas defensive lineman Isaiah Nichols.

Roberts is a veteran Hawkeye defender who played over 200 snaps this past fall before being injured, earning a 79.9 coverage grade. In 17 targets, Roberts broke up four passes and intercepted another.
A native of Pennsylvania, he has been with the Hawkeyes since 2018.

Nichols, a 6-foot-3, 302-pounder, has played nearly 1600 snaps at Arkansas over five years with the Razorbacks. Nichols has generated 28 pressures during his time in Fayetteville.
People not liking the Arkansas DT numbers don’t understand football. He played NT for them in a 3-3-5 he’s not supposed to do anything but take on doubles. I have no doubt for Mario he would be good/great. He can do what 6 did who transferred

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back