Transfer Hindsight

Let it play out then.

Imagine they imagine they portaled new IOL and LBs, those positions would be absolutely green next year across the 5, with potentially a Few QB or Nickel there. Both players absolutely NEED a strong run game and OL and a strong defense.
As weird as this sounds, this is a bit of a transition year. He built up the roster for run last year since he got here, while continuing to build depth. Last year happens, two 1st round ends, the whole OL, which were legit recruits of his, not portal players are now gone and this is a reload year not rebuild.

Been a fan since 2004, when I started playing ball (I was 17) and after all the coaches and years Mario seemed like the only one, we've hired, with a plan that was tangible with results and was lasting while seeing continued growth as a coach and evolving with time.

So I say let the man cook, he knows what we're all seeing, he just is practising as he's preaching, he ain't flinching, he's got confidence and he's going at it full speed.
I’m 200 behind Mario. Like I’ve said. I’m optimistic about this team. I am just pointing out that we are close to Elite right now.
 
One word ALLOCATION.

You can’t retain a majority of your roster, sign an elite high school class AND add a huge transfer class. You have to pick where you want to spend your money. I’m perfectly fine with this staff’s priority of recruiting high school players heavily and grabbing portal guys sparingly to fill roster holes.

I hindsight, could we have used that money we gave the West Virginia transfer receiver who got kicked off the team on a linebacker or center? Maybe but I don’t know what the going price is on a starting caliber linebacker vs a wide receiver. Not to mention we paid the most for any one transfer player in the country in Mensah. Honestly I’m taking an elite quarterback over friggin Ray Lewis at linebacker because one position determines whether or not your team is good and it’s not linebacker.
 
One word ALLOCATION.

You can’t retain a majority of your roster, sign an elite high school class AND add a huge transfer class. You have to pick where you want to spend your money. I’m perfectly fine with this staff’s priority of recruiting high school players heavily and grabbing portal guys sparingly to fill roster holes.

I hindsight, could we have used that money we gave the West Virginia transfer receiver who got kicked off the team on a linebacker or center? Maybe but I don’t know what the going price is on a starting caliber linebacker vs a wide receiver. Not to mention we paid the most for any one transfer player in the country in Mensah. Honestly I’m taking an elite quarterback over friggin Ray Lewis at linebacker because one position determines whether or not your team is good and it’s not linebacker.
Now you’re changing the goalposts of the whole topic lol!

Who is even remotely questioning Mensah or the $ being paid to him? Who said that a pick-up at LB was impacted at all by the $ spent at QB?
It had no impact…

The pieces are set now. I love Mario and this team. Let’s see how it plays out. The topic was transfer hindsight.

Clearly if we had unlimited resources and choices IOL, LB, and TE would all be picked as the pieces we are slightly behind at.

I haven’t said anything bad about 1 player.
 
1000080253.gif
 
Control what you can control … instead of bringing guys in .. we should have worked harder to keep POPO who transferred out to NC state.

I agree with your overall point. Popo may be a bad example though.

I’ve watched Popo at NCS over the past few games and don’t see any marginal improvement vs what we have with Toure and Smith. Great player and a good leader. But he has the same physical limitations .
 
I agree with your overall point. Popo may be a bad example though.

I’ve watched Popo at NCS over the past few games and don’t see any marginal improvement vs what we have with Toure and Smith. Great player and a good leader. But he has the same physical limitations .
Smith has not been good at all.. Popo for sure has to be better than him
 
Smith has not been good at all.. Popo for sure has to be better than him
not really. He is the same as #1. We need more speed than Popo, he was always a liability in coverage. I am looking forward to #4 or #11 taking that spot soon or when #17 gets back.
Hope 17 takes the reigns once he’s healthy and doesn’t look back. Elite evaluation by the staff
 
The staff’s recipe for talent acquisition is probably the best in the country. Wouldn’t really trade our roster for anyone else’s. Sure, an O-lineman and LB would’ve been nice, but then we’d have fans complaining right now about the lack of DB and RB depth.
 
Back
Top