Transfer C Lynn Kidd signs with Miami

View as article
Good pickup. High percentage scorer. Would like to see those Rebounds per game tick up to 7 or so. We need size with competence and this is one piece. One of a lot more we need.

Advertisement
At 230? I wouldn't have guessed that. But against comparable body types I suppose it makes sense. Don't really have many big body types anymore in today's game.
The guys with the bigger bodies, that have any semblance of athletic ability, are in the NBA. There's a reason why Zach Edey is DOMINATING the college game, it's because there aren't any bigs like him in college anymore. Anyone that could possibly challenge him is in the NBA...

Good pickup. High percentage scorer. Would like to see those Rebounds per game tick up to 7 or so. We need size with competence and this is one piece. One of a lot more we need.
His rebound rates are very good, especially on the offensive end. He would've averaged more had he played more minutes.

Advertisement
Love this pickup. We badly need more size and athleticism in the front court, and we just got some.

No he’s not a bruiser, but how many of those still exist in today’s game?
It is not the game Larranaga wants to play. He wants more length and he got it.

Love this pickup. We badly need more size and athleticism in the front court, and we just got some.

There aren't that many pure bruisers left and honestly, you would rather have athletic, mobile bigs than the traditional big that just takes up space. Athletic bigs give you more flexibility, especially seeing that L prefers to have teams that can run and create pressure.

Advertisement
If we can pair him with Jevon Porter of the bench or someone like Jevon Porter we’ll be cooking in the front court. You can play all 3 of Omier, Kidd, and Porter together.

Advertisement
Stats are just that... you can have 4 super games versus cupcakes and then bite the bullet versus ACC and you are gonna show me stats? Show me more; but I respect your point.
He had some very good games against the best teams in the Acc. Before you open your yap with that comment, you should look at every game as I just did. Smdh, lazy

Skinny doesn’t always mean weak. No, he isn’t a burly big, but with his size and athleticism he can give you something that Omier can’t. Never mind the theory that L isn’t going to turn with just two bigs. Amazing how a guy can develop well in the ACC, be a solid player at a position of need and we have fans whining and looking for something to complain about. We get it, he isn’t the second coming of Shaq so he’s trash.
Well said. Folks whine because we don't have size, Coach goes and signs a quality ACC big, and we have clowns bashing this move. Pitiful.

Advertisement

We’ve lacked size and scoring efficiency around the basket for the better part of the past decade.

We literally go out and land a 6’10+ big that is top five nationally in FG% and you have some on here concerned with potential roster fit if Omier comes back and defensive upside.

Some of y’all will never be content

We’ve lacked size and scoring efficiency around the basket for the better part of the past decade.

We literally go out and land a 6’10+ big that is top five nationally in FG% and you have some on here concerned with potential roster fit if Omier comes back and defensive upside.

Some of y’all will never be content
There's nothing wrong with being skeptical/critical. People on these boards get dogged out for that far too much on the basketball/baseball boards specifically. I won't get mad at posters for being that way within reason.

That being said, Kidd may not be a worldbeater or an all-conference dude...but no need to act like this dude is some kind of scrub. And we don't need him to be some kind of dynamo. He just provides some size/scoring (hopefully) next to Omier. He'll probably start for us next year, and it will help us out to have a bit more size on the court. I mean...even if one of the ways he's more effective is to give Pack another partner in the pick & roll game up top besides Omier, that's an improvement.

We aren't asking this dude to come in and be a Kyle Filipowski. If we were, I'd share these concerns. The criticisms being lobbed at him just days after he commits to us just based off his time in Clemson/Blacksburg are asinine. Give him a chance - maybe under Coach L and this staff, he does improve his D/rebounding. He's got a solid back to the bucket post up game and size that next to no one on our current roster has. Be happy for at least that little bit and hope his potential marries with development, and he becomes a solid starter for us.

Advertisement
Back