Trajan Bandy is ****ed

Maybe I’m not reading this properly, but it appears Bandy is throwing shade at The Univ. of Miami.

He said: “Bash me, threw me under the bus, got others to turn on me so that I wouldn’t get the opportunity I hope..”

Then he continues: “I stayed home gave this place all that I had, and look how they did me…”

So my ? is does he feel the school didn’t have his back or something during the draft process? Did he find out something new? Regardless, I think it was a foregone conclusion that neither him or Yearby had any business leaving early based upon their 3rd yr production. It would’ve served him best to stay, get more seasoning & get his degree as a backup plan to the NFL.
An undrafted guy post with Ariz as a pop up makes me LOL though

Advertisement
Maybe I’m not reading this properly, but it appears Bandy is throwing shade at The Univ. of Miami.

He said: “Bash me, threw me under the bus, got others to turn on me so that I wouldn’t get the opportunity I hope..”

Then he continues: “I stayed home gave this place all that I had, and look how they did me…”

So my ? is does he feel the school didn’t have his back or something during the draft process? Did he find out something new? Regardless, I think it was a foregone conclusion that neither him or Yearby had any business leaving early based upon their 3rd yr production. It would’ve served him best to stay, get more seasoning & get his degree as a backup plan to the NFL.
There's a few ways to interpret it.... Honestly we just don't know which way at this point.... For his sake we just hope he's getting help if needed and works through whatever seems to be going on with him.... He gave us good memories as a player so it's fair to give back a little support.... (And no I'm not saying you're unsupportive...Just generally speaking considering some of the takes on here thus far)

I read it that way, too. We could both be incorrect. I thought he left due to a combination of financial, family and academic considerations. I think most felt staying was his best option. If he finished his degree, like it says in this thread, that is great and I hope he can maximize the school's resources.

I wish him the best and hope he resolves this issue.

Advertisement
can someone give context here?

View attachment 282588

Happy See You GIF by Showtime

It’s a bad path to go down, to try to understand what this is about. But like @SayWhat mentioned, I just hope this isn’t s sign of underlying mental distress.

It’s best to wish him good luck and hope he works out whatever issue is bothering him and gets on with a happy, productive and meaningful life. To put him on blast or to mock him, I think it’s somewhat small minded, and hopefully beneath some of you.

All of this!!!

Advertisement
I love Bandy for staying home and putting on for the U. I don’t know what this is about so I’m hesitant to comment beyond commenting on him entering the draft when he did without the draft grade being on him.

Maybe there were financial reasons to enter at the time - wasn’t there talk of that on here at the time (or was that Yearby?) - but not getting drafted doesn’t help that, especially without a degree.
There was definitely financial reasons and someone told him he was losing his spot regardless. A certain group with cis ties told him he'd go third or fourth from my understanding.

He was told to stay by multiple staff members.
But he still wanted everyone including former players to put in good word for him with teams. Even as close as a year ago.

Now you can go ahead and do that. But not if you’re a current coach here at um or at any other team.
NFL teams need to value your judgement.and make business decisions. They aren’t gonna trust you if you promise a stud and they turn out to be lemons.

That’s all I know on this subject.

Advertisement
Another reason why NIL is great. This sort of thing should never happen again with a player having to leave early because he’s desperate financially.

People are forced to quit school to help family financially all the time. This isn’t limited to football players.

I'm with you. I appreciate what he did. So I won't bash him or anything. He even said he wanted to get his degree but left for family reasons.

Not sure where he was expecting to be drafted, but come on. No way he heard that he had a high draft grade. He had to have known what was about to happen.

“Due to a number of unforeseen off the field circumstances and discussions with my family, I am foregoing my senior season and entering the 2020 NFL Draft.’’

A source told the Miami Herald that Bandy’s decision to turn pro was influenced by family financial and health issues.

"At the NFL Scouting Combine, Bandy was measured at 5-7 6/8 and 180 pounds."

That was one of those things that I never understood the logic. I understand being in a financial hole, but if you’re not even going to get drafted, then why leave school?

Advertisement

Yup. My guess is that Miami staff wouldn’t pump him up to nfl teams like he had hoped, went uNdrafted. Then a few years later he came back asking for another good word for him to get a tryout and it was crickets from the Hecht. Maybe he has a bad attitude, i dunno. Unfortunate.

Advertisement
Back