Tracy Howard

Good on TH3. Kid surely did not play to his potential here. However, lets be honest. Cleveland is a dumpster fire. That team is terrible. They are playing for the one pick. No doubt. Thats a one or two win team in my opinion. RG3 looks afraid, the OL gives him reason to be afraid. They have some talent at the skill positions, but thats about it offensively. I would LOVE to see them trade Duke to New England. He would be one of the top backs in the league in that system.....And New England needs him with Lewis out and those other dudes are all strictly situational guys.

I always laugh on these boards when people say stuff which makes it SO clear they don't understand what they're watching... AGAIN FOLKS, no one that was at a dB position for us in this last regime was able to show theit true potential. Between playing in that scheme & having the worst position coach in all of college football in Paul Williams what else should they have done? As I said last year before the draft watch what Deon Bush does & how underrated our DB's are. Same **** every year. Said same thing about Jenkins in this scheme now look what bandas saying. Tracy has several weaknesses but solid techniques can get him by most of them. Personally he's a cane so I'm gonna support him.

Advertisement
And like I say over and over again every time the Howard debate comes up.

IF YOU CAN PLAY CORNER, YOU CAN PLAY CORNER!

Yall look to blame the coaches for everything. Indeed they sucked, but they weren't doing anything to hurt our CB's.

We played every coverage in the book. Cover-3, Cover-4, Cover-2, Man-Press, Off-Man, etc. What else could the coaches have done to help Howard get better tape? (thus a higher draft pick)

Our scheme didn't seem to hurt Artie Burns' stock in the draft. The same guys who evaluated Burns were evaluating Howard as well. When they looked at Burns they likely didn't give a **** about the scheme, they were looking at his superior size and athleticism. Then they turned around and watched Howard's tape and didn't even see enough to warrant drafting him.

Small and slow is NEVER a desired combination. If you're gonna be small, you better be quick. If you're gonna be slow, you better be big.

I always had faith in Tracy....pretty much almost any player who underperformed on our team the last 5 years i gave the benefit of the doubt to with how bad our coaches were.

My family is actually from Cleveland and are Browns fans...the Browns really like Tracy apparently. 3rd preseason game is when starters play most of 1st half and even into 3rd quarter. Tracy was getting serious reps at the start of the 2nd and looked good last night, imo.

Advertisement

Yall look to blame the coaches for everything. Indeed they sucked, but they weren't doing anything to hurt our CB's.

We played every coverage in the book. Cover-3, Cover-4, Cover-2, Man-Press, Off-Man, etc. What else could the coaches have done to help Howard get better tape? (thus a higher draft pick)

Our scheme didn't seem to hurt Artie Burns' stock in the draft. The same guys who evaluated Burns were evaluating Howard as well. When they looked at Burns they likely didn't give a **** about the scheme, they were looking at his superior size and athleticism. Then they turned around and watched Howard's tape and didn't even see enough to warrant drafting him.

Small and slow is NEVER a desired combination. If you're gonna be small, you better be quick. If you're gonna be slow, you better be big.

I'm confused here... your name on here is Coach macho, I don't know if that actually means you're a coach or not but if so than how can you state basically that coaching doesn't affect the play of our dbs?!? That's crazy! Everything a coach does from the scheme the player lines up in (zone,bump & run etc.) To the techniques he's taught while here drastically affect his play. I'm sorry but this is a fact under Paul Williams literally every highly touted recruit we put with him they all regressed in college from when they first got here. What makes it obvious if a kid can play the position or not is if he's atleast in the right spot to make a play. When you know it's the coaching is the regular with us where the kid will be there yet he displays horrible technique & never bothers to locate the ball,to make a play on the ball or adjust in play to the proper shoulder. Every single time our kids just face gaurd the reciever & usually get called for interference. That's coaching bud. Also as I'm sure you had to have realized 9 out of 10 when we'd line up in press it was a joke. We'd back out of it pretty snap **** near every time. We'd play man a decent amount with a 7 to 12 yard cushion & again when your technique is taught better to touch on an optimist level your in for a world of hurt lining up against any legit reciever.

Last edited:
Good on TH3. Kid surely did not play to his potential here. However, lets be honest. Cleveland is a dumpster fire. That team is terrible. They are playing for the one pick. No doubt. Thats a one or two win team in my opinion. RG3 looks afraid, the OL gives him reason to be afraid. They have some talent at the skill positions, but thats about it offensively. I would LOVE to see them trade Duke to New England. He would be one of the top backs in the league in that system.....And New England needs him with Lewis out and those other dudes are all strictly situational guys.

I always laugh on these boards when people say stuff which makes it SO clear they don't understand what they're watching... AGAIN FOLKS, no one that was at a dB position for us in this last regime was able to show theit true potential. Between playing in that scheme & having the worst position coach in all of college football in Paul Williams what else should they have done? As I said last year before the draft watch what Deon Bush does & how underrated our DB's are. Same **** every year. Said same thing about Jenkins in this scheme now look what bandas saying. Tracy has several weaknesses but solid techniques can get him by most of them. Personally he's a cane so I'm gonna support him.

Bro, let's compare Artie burns. Kid wasn't amazing but got himself drafted. So did bush. TH3 was not great here in man especially. So far the guys who have performed well here did so in the league. Waldorf, Duke, Denzel. Most of the other guys have done the same in the league as they did here they have been jags. Gunter? Made noise in the preseason just like TH3 is then disappeared when the regular season came. Nice try though. Maybe stick to calling player dismissals cause defending a 5star guy who played like a 3 star isn't going as well. And do not get it twisted I really like TH3. But his career speaks for itself. The last regime sucked, and so did most of the players they brought in

Im rooting like **** for Howard to make the Browns( like all other Canes at the next level) but it is hard to disagree with this post

This guy stayed home on and put on for his city, while other ****boys went to Bama or Clemson or FSU.

Hope he has a long and successful career.

Tracy will always be one of my and my son's favorite players. kid may not have it all but he was a team player who could have gone anywhere, but he stayed and took that ****** coaching!!!

Advertisement

I'm confused here... your name on here is Coach macho, I don't know if that actually means you're a coach or not but if so than how can you state basically that coaching doesn't affect the play of our dbs?!? That's crazy! Everything a coach does from the scheme the player lines up in (zone,bump & run etc.) To the techniques he's taught while here drastically affect his play. I'm sorry but this is a fact under Paul Williams literally every highly touted recruit we put with him they all regressed in college from when they first got here. What makes it obvious if a kid can play the position or not is if he's atleast in the right spot to make a play. When you know it's the coaching is the regular with us where the kid will be there yet he displays horrible technique & never bothers to locate the ball,to make a play on the ball or adjust in play to the proper shoulder. Every single time our kids just face gaurd the reciever & usually get called for interference. That's coaching bud. Also as I'm sure you had to have realized 9 out of 10 when we'd line up in press it was a joke. We'd back out of it pretty snap **** near every time. We'd play man a decent amount with a 7 to 12 yard cushion & again when your technique is taught better to touch on an optimist level your in for a world of hurt lining up against any legit reciever.

Who said anything about (position) coaching not affecting DB's though? We're talking about SCHEME. The consensus on this site is that our scheme ruined Howard. That's some ridiculous BS and til this day I have yet to see someone give me a logical answer as to HOW.

1. Backing out of press pre-snap (or post snap) is called press/bail. **** near everybody in the world of football utilizes this technique. It's supposed to fool QB's pre-snap reads.

2. We never played man 7-12 yards off. There's no coverage in the book that aligns a CB 12 yards off of a WR

And finally...

3. Artie Burns being drafted in the 1st round validates my argument that DESPITE COACHING, HOWARD JUST SIMPLY DIDN'T HAVE THE TOOLS. (<--that's been my point the whole time)

Burns being taken in the 1st debunks the ol' "scheme ruined Howard" theory.

Macho what's up with Darrien Grant. Is he gonna pick up some big time offers.

He's got a few lower tier ACC schools right now. I imagine he'll get a few more offers as the season progresses. He's a specimen. 6'4" 230+ chiseled and athletic. Fantastic kid too.

Ur right though i cant even argue againzt this when burns was a first rounder

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big ups to T Howard. Our whole defensive backfield from last year is going to be in the league....WOW.

No one can say talent wasn't here to win big.

Big ups to T Howard. Our whole defensive backfield from last year is going to be in the league....WOW.

No one can say talent wasn't here to win big.

But.. but... but.. LSU and UF put DB's in the league.

I think we don't know how good Tracy can be to be honest.

For what it's worth, this is the play that placed him in the doghouse with Coach Dorito: For #1 not checking pass/his assignment first. #2 In Dorito's system, gap assignments extended to the hashes, which means the Safety was responsible for filling the lane to make the tackle.

Lastly #3 In Dorito's system, if the RB had the option to throw, and the Saftey was out of position, it would have been Howard's fault for a completed long pass - potentially. Go back and check it out...kid played scared from this point on, as he was afraid to have all of his playing time yanked; ultimately destroying his future...

Pause the ball after the snap, you see no one else on defense aggressively trying to even cross the line of scrimmage, other than Howard.
1+2+3 = Doghouse!!!

[video=youtube;0pQrtT7qq38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pQrtT7qq38[/video]

He's a bright kid that understands football. All you have to do is teach him the scheme, and let him ball and use his instincts; rather than restricting him.

Does he have holes in his game, yes (fighting off blocks & making extra efforts to chase the ball down vs the run), but kid had enough goods to play in the NFL, and will get solid coaching to fix those issues!

He's a Cane, and I wish him the best!!

Last edited:
I'm as shocked as I was wrong. Kudos to this kid for proving ******** like me wrong.

Advertisement
Back