Tracey Howard to Run Track

tracy isn't slow by cfb standards. you guys talk about him not running a 4.3 or 4.4 but what you guys are missing is that not many cbs in College run a 4.3-4.4. 4.-4.6 is plenty fast enough to be a good cb in college

This ..... Anybody that really played football knows he isn't that slow. How many cb in college run 4.3 ? Few it's the way the staff use howard that's hurting him. If anything all our cb except elder needs to work on tackling all spring and summer long.

Advertisement
And just because he joined the team doesn't man he's fast. Howard isn't fast enough to be the elite guy Miami needs him to be.

That is absolute bull****. Joe Haden ran a 4.57 at the combine. That dude was lights out at U*** and has owned AJ Green for years.

Tracy is fast enough to be a lockdown corner in college, especially the ACC. Playing 10 yards off the ball and not being able to take advantage of using your hands all the way down field (that the college rules allow), overvexaggerates his lack of elite speed. Howard can't be the elite CB that Miami needs because Al Golden's system neuters his technical abilities and removes the aggression necessary for him to shut players down.

If you don't think your guy is fast enough to cover someone one on one, there's two solutions in college: Passive- give your guy a ten yard headstart so he keeps the guy in front of him and can make the tackle after he catches it, and there's Aggressive- get up in his face and physically slow the other guy down to take away timing and keep him from getting by you. Coaches with balls choose the later, *****es like Golden choose the former.
Good point

And just because he joined the team doesn't man he's fast. Howard isn't fast enough to be the elite guy Miami needs him to be.

This is college football. Corners don't have to be sub 4.4 guys to be elite corners.

I know they played in two different systems that ask them to do different things, but how fast was Antrel Rolle? Or Malcom Jenkins.

Advertisement
Hopefully they teach him and artie how to tackle.

Burns might not be the most sound tackler on the team, but he gets an A+ for effort.
That's bs go watch the Pitt game burns does not like to tackle and in this scheme having corners that can tackle is very important.

the only Corners that like to tackle is Crawford and Elder the rest are Howard and Burns are pretty boys and dont like to tackle or get hurt.

That is absolute bull****. Joe Haden ran a 4.57 at the combine. That dude was lights out at U*** and has owned AJ Green for years.

Tracy is fast enough to be a lockdown corner in college, especially the ACC. Playing 10 yards off the ball and not being able to take advantage of using your hands all the way down field (that the college rules allow), overvexaggerates his lack of elite speed. Howard can't be the elite CB that Miami needs because Al Golden's system neuters his technical abilities and removes the aggression necessary for him to shut players down.

If you don't think your guy is fast enough to cover someone one on one, there's two solutions in college: Passive- give your guy a ten yard headstart so he keeps the guy in front of him and can make the tackle after he catches it, and there's Aggressive- get up in his face and physically slow the other guy down to take away timing and keep him from getting by you. Coaches with balls choose the later, *****es like Golden choose the former.

Thank you its all about technique. I remember that st thomas game he dared them to throw his way all night! The receiver could not get off the line period. And when he did get off the line Tracey intercepted the ball. One of the best press corners i seen great at breaking up routes. Take marcus roberson not fast at all but his technique he learned in college helped him. We dont have teachers

Hopefully they teach him and artie how to tackle.

Burns might not be the most sound tackler on the team, but he gets an A+ for effort.
That's bs go watch the Pitt game burns does not like to tackle and in this scheme having corners that can tackle is very important.

the only Corners that like to tackle is Crawford and Elder the rest are Howard and Burns are pretty boys and dont like to tackle or get hurt.

If that's true then they aren't good corners in today's football.

So let me get this right. The football program is not only helping the bball team but the track team as well.

When are any of these programs gonna help out the football team? We didn't even get to glimpse Jimmy Graham until he was a Sr. so don't bother bringing his name into this.

Everything is sofaking *** backwards at Miami I doubt we ever get this pile of guts untangled.

before u became a fan in 2000, this is how it was done. go look back and see how many of those guys in the early 90's did track.

Advertisement
What difference does it make when he's not properly being used as a top flight db. I look forward to Tracy playing on Sundays proving, once again, he was mishandled while here at UM.

I think every skill player needs to at least try to walk on for track. You also should have every big player should make an effort for walking on the wrestling. Both sports help kids unbelievably. Plus from what i have noticed kids have a new understanding over there work effort, they are usually more wanting to put the responsibility on themselves and not rely on others.

So let me get this right. The football program is not only helping the bball team but the track team as well.

When are any of these programs gonna help out the football team? We didn't even get to glimpse Jimmy Graham until he was a Sr. so don't bother bringing his name into this.

Everything is sofaking *** backwards at Miami I doubt we ever get this pile of guts untangled.

before u became a fan in 2000, this is how it was done. go look back and see how many of those guys in the early 90's did track.

Hey dumbass. That was the track team helping the football team by taking kids on scholly. Ya can't do that anymore. Now it's just all the other teams poaching the football kids and no doubt some will get hurt with no real tangible benefit to the football program as a whole.

I'm old enough to be yer daddy boy.

Advertisement
Someone using the Pitt game as an example of someone not liking to tackle, please.

The above post is correct as well.

What are you *****ing about? Football players running track happen all over the nation. This can help Howard with speed and proper technique.

Advertisement

What are you *****ing about? Football players running track happen all over the nation. This can help Howard with speed and proper technique.

Horse schit. He could get all that and more just by working 1 on 1 with Swasey. The whole "track makes you faster" argument is comical.

tracy isn't slow by cfb standards. you guys talk about him not running a 4.3 or 4.4 but what you guys are missing is that not many cbs in College run a 4.3-4.4. 4.-4.6 is plenty fast enough to be a good cb in college

We are kidding. That was the excuse the coaches used to not have him in, even though he was probably our best cb. There is no reason for Crawford to be on the field when we have Howard, Burns, or Elder. None at all. We know Howard is fast enough.

Someone is throwing the baloney, and I'm betting it is Golden and Dorito. How could Howard have been a 4- or 5-star CB coming out of high school if he were slow? I suppose the entire squad of DBs is slow since they all play 5-10 yards behind receivers. The Golden/Dorito football brains are slow, but apparently still capable of pulling fast ones on the UM Administration.

P

For starters hadan ran a low 4.5 with some sort of injury then ran a 4.4 at uf's pro day. A far cry from the 4.57 you're claiming. Howard just isn't that fast for whatever reason. He's got decent feet but his long speed is highly questionable even more so than his 40 time.

Youre making up 40 times and comparing a cb who can't start for Al lusion to a pro bowl corner.

Advertisement
Back