Towson (Game 1) 7pm ACCNX

scane

Redshirt Freshman
Expected Pitching Matchup: Brian Van Belle (1-0, 0.00 ERA) vs JR RHP Josh Seils (0-2, 8.31 ERA)

Diving deeper into the Towson starter's stats: He's given up 9 runs (8 of them earned) in 8.2 IP. His opponents are batting .317 with 7K vs 6 BB. He appears to have struggled more with his command against Old Dominion on opening night, but was very hittable (9 hits allowed in 5.1 IP) against High Point last week.

The staff ERA overall is 5.22 and they're fielding just .949 so far as a team. Their expected Saturday starter does appear to be off to a good start with a 1.69 ERA in 10.2 IP. The Sunday starter has an ERA of 10.12 in 5.1 IP.

Advertisement
Lineup changes: Rivera is not in lineup. Thomas playing right field over him

Tuero gets another start
Lala still leading off

Advertisement
Aggressive offense is IN
I don't think Gino understands that. I feel our defense plays aggressive because we're definitely not afraid to keep pitching around the zone, but you have we are completely backwards.

You're supposed to compliment an aggressive offense with aggressive defense...otherwise you have to adjust as the game goes. Gino is way too traditional when it comes to offense.

He needs to get it right

PS.. Yes I did take a shot at traditional, baseball. Because it is what it is and this sport is unlike no other...you have to adjust.

On a more positive note, Van Belle has been outstanding this season. Didn’t look like his best stuff to start, but he finishes (I assume) with 6 scoreless and 12 Ks.

Advertisement
If Federman is going to finish it, I’m gonna need more runs (or lots of alcohol).

On a more positive note, Van Belle has been outstanding this season. Didn’t look like his best stuff to start, but he finishes (I assume) with 6 scoreless and 12 Ks.
Or not. Hope I didn‘t praise him too soon

Advertisement
Update it to 7 scoreless and 14 Ks and it still holds up

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back