Torrian Gray

Getting canned at UF apparently, would be a great pickup at CB coach

Also maybe Jason Marshall rethinks things if Torrian comes here
Where are you getting your "getting canned at UF apparently" information from?
The only place I've seen any mention of this is in your post.
Thx.

P.S. Even if South Carolina may want to hire him, that of course does not equate to him being canned at UF, so that can't be your source.

Advertisement
There has been some rumblings that we have contacted a "UF coach who's a good recruiter." May be some smoke to this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Why do we want a coach that got fired from another school for the same position?

Hiring a position coach who was fired is different than a HC/OC/DC being fired.

Position coaches are fall guys often for a poor year or follow the OC/DC out the door, right or wrong. Happens in the pros all the time as well.

I look at a guy like Hartley. He was let go and picked up by Georgia.

Major upgrade over Rumph. Not saying he's the greatest but we'll never struggle with depth at the CB position again if he comes.
He did a great job recruiting against Rump, but Paul Williams would wipe his *** with Rump’s face in a recruit off.

Advertisement
He did a great job recruiting against Rump, but Paul Williams would wipe his *** with Rump’s face in a recruit off.
That's a fact. It's crazy too because alot of parents saw him as the weird guy who wore colored contacts lol.

Why do we want a coach that got fired from another school for the same position?
Because Granthan/Mullen is doing damage control as oppose to addressing the issue which IS Grantham

I remember he did a great job at VT for years. I wonder if the defensive struggles you guys had have more to do with scheme and overall culture than Gray suddenly forgetting how to coach.

It’s scheme. How many times did you watch us this year and scratched your head (or cheered lol) at us giving up sooo much cushion to WR.

Advertisement
Back