Torrance Gibson

GeminiCane

Recruit
Pete, Tito, or anyone, how good are our chances with Torrance Gibson for next year? At the end of the day in CFB, a superstar QB can mask many deficiencies and he is going to be special.

Advertisement
OP he is a spread QB he is goin to a spread system he is not coming here..End of story

I don't care if he is the only kid we get in the class of 2015. We need to get this guy. He is our winston, manziel. In OUR own backyard.

Advertisement
I would love to get him but do you have to overhaul the offense for him? Coley will have to sell him how he fits in with our offense and with our skill players etc

I don't care if he is the only kid we get in the class of 2015. We need to get this guy. He is our winston, manziel. In OUR own backyard.

WHy would he come here if we dont run a spread offense?

We run a Pro Spread Offense..the same as FSU...as you saw last year, Morris was in Shotgun majority of the time but occasionally switch to under center...

Advertisement

We run a Pro Spread Offense..the same as FSU...as you saw last year, Morris was in Shotgun majority of the time but occasionally switch to under center...

Excuse me if i wasnt clear He will go to an spread option offense..Similar to what OSU and auburn runs..Get it? An offense where the QB has designed runs 8-10 times a game

This kid has horrible accuracy. Solid athlete though. Him and Wimbush seem to be the 2 Coley is after

Excuse me if i wasnt clear He will go to an spread option offense..Similar to what OSU and auburn runs..Get it? An offense where the QB has designed runs 8-10 times a game

Now I Got you bro....

Advertisement
I'm interested in seeing what we actually run on offense in the future. IF (and that's a big if) Coley is still here in a couple of years, I'd wager that the offense will look quite a bit different from the 2013 offense.

Amazing athlete but he's quite raw. Needs about two years to develop before he can really get on a D1 field at QB. I want to see his improvement going into his SR but I can't see him improving to the degree that he needs to play the position. I don't see a ton of smart decisions from him when I watched his team play.

Advertisement
You mold your offense around your qb. Coley likes to mix read option and such...but couldn't with morris because he's too timid to run

Some of you idiots don't know the difference between a pro spread and spread option.. Watch Auburn and FSU game to get a read on that. We don't have an identity on offense yet with Coley but he's a pro spread guy. Gibson is a spread option QB with at least 10 designed QB runs a game. Spread Option teams would be Oregon, OSU, Auburn,BYU..

Exactly. It's square peg/round hole here at UM.

Advertisement
Back