Toral

CBurrr93

Sophomore
How long do you give him before it’s time to look for other options in the lineup? Obviously he’s proven in the past he can indeed hit but he looks lost up there right now

Advertisement
Kid was so dominant as a 9th and 10th grader. Started for a perennial state champ and looked like a man among boys.

Don’t know what happened to him.

Kid was so dominant as a 9th and 10th grader. Started for a perennial state champ and looked like a man among boys.

Serious question, as I didn't see him in high school.......but did he battle his weight as a young player?

Advertisement
I’d sit him tomorrow to see if it clears his head, and then give him a few more weeks to hit his way out of it starting this weekend. The team won’t reach its maximum potential unless Toral reaches his, but at some point you may need to cut the cord and move on. I just don’t think we’re there yet.

This type of situation is not all that uncommon. 14 or 15 year old grows huge before most of the others. Dominates based on being a man amongst boys. Rest of the kids grow and catch up. Big kid isn’t so physically dominant anymore and you see the flaws in their skill set

This type of situation is not all that uncommon. 14 or 15 year old grows huge before most of the others. Dominates based on being a man amongst boys. Rest of the kids grow and catch up. Big kid isn’t so physically dominant anymore and you see the flaws in their skill set

That wasn’t the case with him. He was dominant against kids who were much older than him and wasn’t the most imposing kid on the field.

Dude was crushing bombs for the varsity in 9th grade and multiple publications had him slotted as a Top 5 pick .

Advertisement
I’d sit him tomorrow to see if it clears his head, and then give him a few more weeks to hit his way out of it starting this weekend. The team won’t reach its maximum potential unless Toral reaches his, but at some point you may need to cut the cord and move on. I just don’t think we’re there yet.
I would like to see this happen as well as ADC at DH.

I’d really challenge him to hit some balls to the backside. It would get him back on the ball and he has a ton of holes on the left side to hit to.

Unfortunately, his track record is that of long stretches of either really good or really bad. With his approach right now, this isn’t going to improve.

I’d really challenge him to hit some balls to the backside. It would get him back on the ball and he has a ton of holes on the left side to hit to.

Unfortunately, his track record is that of long stretches of either really good or really bad. With his approach right now, this isn’t going to improve.
This, especially on off speed stuff. He can hit a pop out for a HR at the Light and definitely could have at NC St last weekend if he'd stay closed and start shooting the ball to LF. Amazingly, they are still walking him a lot though as someone pointed out.

I think all he needs its a couple of base hits to get his confidence back and he will be alright.this kid hit 24 homers his sophomore year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back