Top Three Coming Soon For Linebacker McCluster Following Miami Visit

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
2020 Largo LB Jayion McCluster is one of the top linebackers on Miami’s board right now, and the staff was able to get him on campus for the first time in almost a year last weekend.

“Overall, they made a good impression on me and my family, it was better than what we came in expecting. ‘The New Miami’ is real.”

“The New Miami” has been a common talking point for both recruits and players since Manny Diaz took over, but what does it mean?

“A new mindset, a new drive. Bringing back the old school Miami, but with the new school talent.”

Coach Jon Patke and coach Blake Baker have been leading the charge to get McCluster on board with Miami, and the message has been clear.

“I’m a priority on their board. They have four linebackers leaving that need to be replaced, and I fit the type of guys they are looking for,” McCluster said. “Knowing I am a priority means a lot to me - it makes them a priority for me.”

As for a scheme fit, McCluster sees himself as a great fit for Miami’s defense.

“I like to attack and hit, that’s exactly what Miami does - they attack and force turnovers, which is perfect for me.”

McCluster did not make the trip alone. He was joined on the visit by his parents as well as three younger brothers. The oldest of his brothers, 2023 LB Zayvion McCluster, received an offer from Miami during the visit.

“That was probably my favorite part of the visit. For him to get his first taste of recruiting from a school like Miami will be good for him.”

McCluster’s parents were also very impressed with ‘The New Miami.’

“They loved it just like I did, if not more. My mom loves the small classes for school.”

McCluster has publicly named FSU as his leader in the past, but this is no longer the case.

“I think all three of my top schools are a pretty tight race as of now with no clear leader.”

McCluster will release his top three in the near future, but do not expect a decision anytime soon. He plans on taking his official visits during the summer and fall and deciding after that. McCluster does not know when he will get back down to Miami, but he does know that he will be at Florida State on April 5th for their spring game.

Advertisement
He is just going for the OLD School singing groups, who do they have again after the Spring Game. :fap:

Advertisement
2020 Largo LB Jayion McCluster is one of the top linebackers on Miami’s board right now, and the staff was able to get him on campus for the first time in almost a year last weekend.

“Overall, they made a good impression on me and my family, it was better than what we came in expecting. ‘The New Miami’ is real.”

“The New Miami” has been a common talking point for both recruits and players since Manny Diaz took over, but what does it mean?

“A new mindset, a new drive. Bringing back the old school Miami, but with the new school talent.”

Coach Jon Patke and coach Blake Baker have been leading the charge to get McCluster on board with Miami, and the message has been clear.

“I’m a priority on their board. They have four linebackers leaving that need to be replaced, and I fit the type of guys they are looking for,” McCluster said. “Knowing I am a priority means a lot to me - it makes them a priority for me.”

As for a scheme fit, McCluster sees himself as a great fit for Miami’s defense.

“I like to attack and hit, that’s exactly what Miami does - they attack and force turnovers, which is perfect for me.”

McCluster did not make the trip alone. He was joined on the visit by his parents as well as three younger brothers. The oldest of his brothers, 2023 LB Zayvion McCluster, received an offer from Miami during the visit.

“That was probably my favorite part of the visit. For him to get his first taste of recruiting from a school like Miami will be good for him.”

McCluster’s parents were also very impressed with ‘The New Miami.’

“They loved it just like I did, if not more. My mom loves the small classes for school.”

McCluster has publicly named FSU as his leader in the past, but this is no longer the case.

“I think all three of my top schools are a pretty tight race as of now with no clear leader.”

McCluster will release his top three in the near future, but do not expect a decision anytime soon. He plans on taking his official visits during the summer and fall and deciding after that. McCluster does not know when he will get back down to Miami, but he does know that he will be at Florida State on April 5th for their spring game.
Once again, thank you Matt! Do you think that, when all is said and done, Jayion will sign an NLOI with The U?

Advertisement
Maybe he doesn't realize FSU is a dumpster fire and it will take a few years after Erkel is fired to recover.

Advertisement
Would love to snag Jayion from the clutches of FSU. The kid has serious talent and would fit it better I think into our defense than the Semenholes. I’m glad to hear his visit went well, and how TNM is translating to kids when they visit the campus and speak with Manolo and his staff. That’s important I feel them being able to show tangible ways that TNM translates to the football field. We keep the momentum of this going by performing well on the field, including beating down FSpew, and making it to the ACCCG, what kid would choose those inbreds over the Canes unless there are bags involved?

That "It was good... better than we all expected" part does not give off a lot of confidence. Imo it sounds like someone is pretty convinced he knows where he is going to go (in this case FSU) and is just taking other visits for fun and something huge would have to happen to convince him otherwise. But there is still quite a bit of time left and since he is not committing anytime soon, our season and FSU's could make a big impact.

Advertisement
FSU will be really hard to beat here. He can say what he wants to publicly, but follow the visits. He will be in Tally again this weekend. Miami has certainly made a move in his recruitment, but I'd be very surprised if he inks with anyone but FSU at this point.
Then he's going to see blackman struggle and I still don't like their offense players.

Advertisement
Back