Top Targets & Commits - HS Games 9/4

Advertisement
They only played him there after he was a Ray Finkle like bust as a kicker...

May have been a poor placeholder issue...
Sorry, dude. We never had a Ray Finkle on the roster. Maybe he was a 5’8” walk on chemistry major with big thick glasses and contact lenses were just invented so he walked around the practice field like Mr. Magoo. We didn’t even have a dance squad for little white walkons so he wasn’t on the roster and wasn’t observable on the sidelines dancing led by a big Black redshirt like we had this past year. (In fact we’re had no Black dudes yet....it was early ‘60’s.)

We had a pretty good place kicker in the early ‘60’s: Ed “Porky” Oliver. (Nothing to do with the movies.) We didn’t need a Finkle.

Our punter was Harvey Foster.

Advertisement
I do too, said it when I first posted on him...

But at this point, idc where they play him at, just make sure he signs lol.

From day 1 it was already a forgone conclusion he was going to be an electric dynamic Return man, I mean he'll no doubt contribute right away as a TF on Special Teams at KR/PR, it's just teaching him to play full time Corner might take a lil time, but I'm willing to see if the experiment works.

Let him be a two-way player, he's not gonna be expected to play CB anytime soon, so he can take his time developing there, but in the meantime use him at KR/PR & put him in the Slot at WR, in Lashlee's offense he & Brashard Smith would be uncoverable.
I concur fam. I'm tired of seeing other schools letting guys with the ability to play both ways do so and not us. I hope Lashlee can convince the Manny-Faced Gawd/Frawd(Jury's still out on him, TBD which one will stick) to let us start to with this kid. It's pretty clear that Curtis doesn't need many touches to make an offensive impact. Let him get 3-5 touches a game while he makes the journey to be a P5 corner. Why not let the kid be an extra weapon on O while he works his way up the depth chart on D? It'll definitely keep him engaged & should keep him patient when he hits a rough patch as a DB. I know I wouldn't feel so bad while going through the peaks & valleys of learning to play CB if I know I'm gonna get a chance to house a hitch, jet sweep or a 9 route every week...

I concur fam. I'm tired of seeing other schools letting guys with the ability to play both ways do so and not us. I hope Lashlee can convince the Manny-Faced Gawd/Frawd(Jury's still out on him, TBD which one will stick) to let us start to with this kid. It's pretty clear that Curtis doesn't need many touches to make an offensive impact. Let him get 3-5 touches a game while he makes the journey to be a P5 corner. Why not let the kid be an extra weapon on O while he works his way up the depth chart on D? It'll definitely keep him engaged & should keep him patient when he hits a rough patch as a DB. I know I wouldn't feel so bad while going through the peaks & valleys of learning to play CB if I know I'm gonna get a chance to house a hitch, jet sweep or a 9 route every week...
As long as it's not the "Hester package". If they're going to do it, give him real plays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back