Off-Topic Top Gun Maverick 🇱🇷

Advertisement
Chuck Yeager had no college education this held him back from space program and anything other than certain test flights or combat.

The Air Force was about to break the sound barrier and didn’t want him because he wasn’t smart enough.

So Chuck went and took the plane up and launched from a larger plane carrying the rocket plane.

He hopped inside and used a broom stick to steer the rocket plane and was the first man to break sound barrier he ended up crashing and walked away all burned up .

In the TG movie they canceled the Mach 10 program early so a general could do his program, Maverick took up the plane and broke Mach 10 speed record and crashing it an also walked away .

Many didn’t pick up on this
Actually, not having a college degree made him ineligible for the Mercury program.

He went through test pilot training, and he was fully qualified and considered one of the best if not best test pilots the Air Force had.

He became the lead test pilot for the X-1 because the Bell chief test pilot wanted a $150K, which was outrageous at the time.

Jack Ridley another Air Force legend did help with the broom stick. Yeager flew the X-1 and broke the sound barrier without incident. Ridley would later die in a plane crash unrelated to flight test. The X-1 Glamorous Glennis hangs in the Air and Space Museum.

Yeager tried to break the altitude record in another X-1, stalled the jet but recovered safety.

He was the first commandant of the Test Pilot School at Edwards.

The F-104 crash is true although the Right Stuff makes it appear it was unauthorized which is bull ****. He again almost broke the altitude record, but this time had to eject.

The dude is a stud.

My favorite is still Robin Olds. Olds was a stud and a warrior. Read about Operation Bolo.

Actually, not having a college degree made him ineligible for the Mercury program.

He went through test pilot training, and he was fully qualified and considered one of the best if not best test pilots the Air Force had.

He became the lead test pilot for the X-1 because the Bell chief test pilot wanted a $150K.

Jack Ridley another Air Force legend did help with the broom stick. Yeager flew the X-1 and broke the sound barrier without incident. Ridley would later die in a plane crash unrelated to flight test. The X-1 Glamorous Glennis hangs in the Air and Space Museum.

Yeager tried to break the altitude record in the X-1, stalled the jet but recovered safety.

The F-104 crash is true although the Right Stuff makes it appear it was unauthorized which is bull ****. He again almost broke the altitude record, but this time had to eject.

The dude is a stud.

My favorite is still Robin Olds.
Brother WOW , YOU GOT THE RIGHT STUFF 🙌🙌😎

Advertisement
Paging @Pentagon Cane.................have you seen Maverick yet? If so, what are your thoughts?
Haven't seen it yet. Heard the flying scenes are terrific. I'm sure the engagements are bull****, but it is Hollywood. I'm not the guy you want to see a movie with because I will be going bull****, that's bull****....haha.

The Denzel Washington nuclear sub movie where he refused to launch after receiving authorization to launch their Tridents I'm yelling shoot his ***, which is what would have happened in real life. My future wife is telling to be quiet because I'm too loud. The Nuke business is no game. Trust me I started my career in Strategic Air Command.

Haven't seen it yet. Heard the flying scenes are terrific. I'm sure the engagements are bull****, but it is Hollywood. I'm not the guy you want to see a movie with because I will be going bull****, that's bull****....haha.

The Denzel Washington nuclear sub movie where he refused to launch after receiving authorization to launch their Tridents I'm yelling shoot his ***, which is what would have happened in real life. My future wife is telling to be quiet because I'm too loud. The Nuke business is no game. Trust me I started my career in Strategic Air Command.

Oh yea? I live about 8 minutes from Offutt Air Force Base. You've probably flown over my house 1,000 times.

He became the lead test pilot for the X-1 because the Bell chief test pilot wanted a $150K, which was outrageous at the time.

Yeager tried to break the altitude record in another X-1, stalled the jet but recovered safety.

The dude is a stud.

My favorite is still Robin Olds. Olds was a stud and a warrior. Read about Operation Bolo.
I could, but won't. Ya'll got it good.

Advertisement

I say the same thing when watching ****. BS!

As a military history fan I shook my head when I saw the Spruance class destroyers in the 2001 film Pearl Harbor. Michael Bay unintentionally produced a Final Countdown sequel, and we still were unable to defend our ships.

1655213449713.png

Seeing 1980s destroyers in 1941 to me was about as jarring as seeing an M1 tank rolling around in the background in Mel Gibson’s The Patriot.

Last edited:
Advertisement

There was a pretty interesting review of the Maverick film on a podcast by some guy that runs a fighter pilot podcast. He had 3 former Top Gun instructors on who had watched the film. They each commented that there wasn't a scene in the film that each of them hadn't experienced many times ... air combat scenes were flown by Navy pilots from one squadron.

Just watched. Idk how you can't love this movie. Penny version 2.0 was hotter. The planes were faster. The action sequences were better.
I think JC is hotter now than when she was younger. That is some serious milf action she's got going.

Advertisement
There was a pretty interesting review of the Maverick film on a podcast by some guy that runs a fighter pilot podcast. He had 3 former Top Gun instructors on who had watched the film. They each commented that there wasn't a scene in the film that each of them hadn't experienced many times ... air combat scenes were flown by Navy pilots from one squadron.
Flying scenes were great. No way a Hornet with flares are defeating that number of missile salvos. Plus, you going up against stealth and you are never getting into an IR furball.They are shooting you in the face and you never saw it coming. But for a movie Hornets are perfect.

Flying scenes were great. No way a Hornet with flares are defeating that number of missile salvos. Plus, you going up against stealth and you are never getting into an IR furball.They are shooting you in the face and you never saw it coming. But for a movie Hornets are perfect.
The missile activity was a bit over the top for sure. Would have been KIA without a doubt.

Advertisement
Back