Top Five For Burgess-Becker

-During his junior season, he showed why he is one of the top prospects in South Florida as he totaled 518 receiving yards and five touchdowns on offense with two interceptions while playing safety on defense. played a big role in helping Monarch reach the playoffs for the first time in many years.

-Says “It was a great experience for us to make the first round of the playoffs,” “Everybody came together as a team and we accomplished a big goal. Now we are looking to make an even deeper run. We want to win a state championship.”

-Says he was pleased with the progress he made this season.

-Says “I feel like I improved in a lot of things like catching the ball, my tackling, and being a leader and teammate,”

Burgess-Becker currently has a top five of Alabama, Miami, Ohio State, Florida State, and LSU. He is looking forward to the upcoming junior days at various schools so that he can learn more about those programs.

-Says “I want to just to go to as many junior days as possible so I can learn about everything,” “I am excited to see a lot of places.”

-Miami is a school that is in very good standing . The Hurricanes were the school he grew up rooting for.

-Says “They are the home school,” “I grew up watching football and watching them play. I like Miami a lot. I have them in my top five for a reason.”

-attended a few Miami games this year and was impressed by their 2013 season.

-Says “They did a great job this year,” “Al Golden did a good job coaching the team up and taking the next step. Even though they didn’t win the bowl game, they are bringing in good players and will get it back.”

-is looking to attend the same school with his Monarch teammate, Calvin Ridley, who is one of the top prospects in South Florida for the class of 2015.

-Says “We are a package deal,” “We are good friends. We are like brothers. We have a good connection on the field and off the field.”

what factors are most important to him in his recruitment.

-Says “We want to get a top education and we want a coach that can get the most out of us so that we can play at the NFL level when it is our time.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Top-Five-For-Shawn-Burgess-Becker-169807

Advertisement
SBB, Ridley, Jaquan, Tyrek Cole, McFadden...that should be the core of this next class.

This year was big in the trenches, we need it to be equally big on the edges next year.

"Want to get a top education"

Alabama, LSU, FSU, 3 of top 5 . SMDH.

Do these kids just say this sh*t for the sake of saying it? The words "top education" and FSU, LSU, and Alabama have no business being in the same sentence.

Grew up watching Miami, the home school + package deal with other local stud who likes Miami = FML...amirite?

Advertisement

Do these kids just say this sh*t for the sake of saying it? The words "top education" and FSU, LSU, and Alabama have no business being in the same sentence.
Yes yes they do lol

You guys get too hung up on this type of stuff. I dont know where SBB is from or his background but when most kids say that stuff, just going to college is a good education. You would be naive to believe these kids are reading newsweek or anything like that looking for rankings. You want to know want top college rankings they are reading? BCS, AP, Coaches...

Get on those list and BOOM, you are a college that has their attention and offer a "top" education in football-ology. You want kids who read newsweek and build their list off that, you might want to look for something else.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Next year at db, wr, and rb is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo deep in the state

Good because we've been losing a majority of the top talent. Win and that will change. ONLY solution
We got 2 of the best rbs in the nation by the numbers, 3 really good wrs in the state thats always loaded and maybe the top 5 local d lineman that every school in state wanted if TV comes back......... its not that bad

You can get a good education anywhere...including in your own living room. That doesn't mean a particular football player will, but if you're motivated to learn, you can do it at any school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back