Top 75 recruits

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

We're signing 76 players this cycle. 100% of the top 75 + a relative of the Cristobal lineage to come in as backup longsnapper.
No, the Cristobal lineage will be the starting left guard.

Advertisement
That's what all the mopes don't get. Or the numbers guys who point to how few HCs succeed after having losing records their first two years. Mario is an empire builder, and Rome wasn't built in a day. What we can count on are Top 5-10 classes year in, year out. I know you say it's 2025. But IMHO, this is the year we cross the chasm.
They will be kissing *** in a few years or they will hold onto the “I want to be right” persona. That’s just how forums go it happens everywhere. In life people usually root for the dummies. It’s the good ones they hate

See @grover

Like this one

He will die on that rock alone and just sink with the titanic. I don’t follow this dudes post or tie names to posts, unless it’s like cribby JHall you and few others, but I can probably read into this that he hates Mario even if we won. He wouldn’t give the man his credit. This is a guess I could be wrong

Advertisement
See @grover

Like this one

He will die on that rock alone and just sink with the titanic. I don’t follow this dudes post or tie names to posts, unless it’s like cribby JHall you and few others, but I can probably read into this that he hates Mario even if we won. He wouldn’t give the man his credit. This is a guess I could be wrong
Coaches need the NIL to be legit as well. Without NIL any coach fails.

Coaches need the NIL to be legit as well. Without NIL any coach fails.
I am in the belief that if there wasn't NIL he was the fit wherever he went (as long as the school from top to bottom was committed to winning which it seemed like we finally were) he was going to be able to bring in savage classes. I think the timing of NIL is going to be what people and rivals use to say that's why they are winning, when in fact MC IMO would of done this anyway without it. Cause he's win at all costs behind the scenes and if we would of got dirty the school was ready to do what was necessary. If not that boy would of never came to coach here and stood at OU. There was always NIL nothing has changed its just in the open now. This is my opinion on how I view it, its already set up where he will never ever get the credit if he turns this around into a factory, I see it already. I didn't want him at first but first thing I looked at was his history n recruiting and it changed my mind before he was hired. Where as Manny wherever he went u saw his evals were ****** asf. Its going to be typical UM the coach that does great they going to hate, not all fans some of them will. Or it will be the OC and DC never Mario, until those coaches change and we keep making the playoffs.

Your right as well though we cant go backwards, its part of the game now.

Last edited:
I am in the belief that if there wasn't NIL he was the fit wherever he went (as long as the school from top to bottom was committed to winning which it seemed like we finally were) he was going to be able to bring in savage classes. I think the timing of NIL is going to be what people and rivals use to say that's why they are winning, when in fact MC IMO would of done this anyway without it. Cause he's win at all costs behind the scenes and if we would of got dirty the school was ready to do what was necessary. If not that boy would of never came to coach here and stood at OU. There was always NIL nothing has changed its just in the open now. This is my opinion on how I view it, its already set up where he will never ever get the credit if he turns this around into a factory, I see it already. I didn't want him at first but first thing I looked at was his history n recruiting and it changed my mind before he was hired. Where as Manny wherever he went u saw his evals were ****** asf. Its going to be typical UM the coach that does great they going to hate, not all fans some of them will. Or it will be the OC and DC never Mario, until those coaches change and we keep making the playoffs.

Your right as well though we cant go backwards, its part of the game now.
I don’t agree entirely. Yes there was always bags but not every kid and family took them because it wasn’t sanctioned. Some did. Some didn’t.

If you are saying that if this was the old system where a few schools bagged up to the unfair advantage over others but most had to compete for recruits with modest bags, then yes, I agree that Mario would recruit on an apples to apples basis better than most

If you are saying that if all NIL is mostly equal or that our NIL is up at the top after aTm, UTx… etc., then yes, I agree that Mario would recruit on an apples to apples basis better than most.

If you are saying that NIL doesn’t matter because Mario’s such a great recruiter and without the NIL we have been backed up with, that Mario would still recruit Top 5-10 classes, I think you’re deluding yourself.

Mario still needs the NIL to be on point to succeed in this recruiting era. There’s nothing blasphemous about that. Kids have options and want to get paid.

Advertisement
I don’t agree entirely. Yes there was always bags but not every kid and family took them because it wasn’t sanctioned. Some did. Some didn’t.

If you are saying that if this was the old system where a few schools bagged up to the unfair advantage but most had to compete for recruits with modest bags, then yes, I agree that Mario would recruit on an apples to apples basis better than most

If you are saying that if all NIL is mostly equal or that our NIL is up at the top after aTm, UTx… etc.,
then yes, I agree that Mario would recruit on an apples to apples basis better than most.

If you are saying that NIL doesn’t matter because Mario’s such a great recruiter and without the NIL we have been backed up with, that Mario would still ll recruit Top 5-10 classes, I think you’re deluding yourself.

Mario still needs to the NIL to be on point to succeed in this recruiting era. There’s nothing blasphemous about that. Kids have options and want to get paid.
Your point is good I cant front I like going at it with u (pause) cause I respect your posting skills lol. My opinion is like hyperbole though cause I do believe after the Herby blast on espn, I think if that happens without NIL we switch to bag mode. But we would never know that so that's why I think he would do well. But if we didn't and we still giving out double cheese burgers with mac sauce we would be cooked even with MC.....but I don't think he takes the job if he knew we wouldn't pony up. But who the **** knows we wouldn't even know its all what ifs and opinions. You get what I am saying right? Like to me this is said better if I was able to voice it not write it, I don't have those types of high IQs to write the sh I want to say and get my point across well lol.

Your point is good I cant front I like going at it with u (pause) cause I respect your posting skills lol. My opinion is like hyperbole though cause I do believe after the Herby blast on espn, I think if that happens without NIL we switch to bag mode. But we would never know that so that's why I think he would do well. But if we didn't and we still giving out double cheese burgers with mac sauce we would be cooked even with MC.....but I don't think he takes the job if he knew we wouldn't pony up. But who the **** knows we wouldn't even know its all what ifs and opinions. You get what I am saying right? Like to me this is said better if I was able to voice it not write it, I don't have those types of high IQs to write the sh I want to say and get my point across well lol.
Lol if all things are equal or close to equal, he’s a top tier recruiter. I think it’s as simple as that.

Like if him and Napier or him and most coaches have the same money behind them, you know like apples to apples comparison, I I think he’s way up at the top as a recruiter.

Lol if all things are equal or close to equal, he’s a top tier recruiter. I think it’s as simple as that.

Like if him and Napier or him and most coaches have the same money behind them, you know like apples to apples comparison, I I think he’s way up at the top as a recruiter.
facts I can agree on this, and with Saban gone it will get better. My two concerns are Kirby and that goofy *** Hartline, thats it. No one else lol

That exactly how I see it too. Saban's bags vs. post Shapiro, sure, he's not winning that fixed gith. Even Mario knew where to seek shelter; he chose Bama. But equal playing field, he's winning recruiting battles at any legit P4 school. It's just how he's built. And pretty soon, the suck tax will be charged to places like Tuscaloosa and Trailerhassee, not THIS U with Mario at the helm.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back