Top 7 "players" I'll focus on during Bethune

Advertisement
You can’t do an arepa in the second half. You can’t go to bed with one of those sitting in your stomach. Got to hit that earlier in the night lol.

Balom/Markeith will get a lot of run on second unit.

Advertisement
Is Jaden Wayne really built like Joe Jackson? I was on campus at the same time as him and used to see him at the wellness hooping all the time. That guy was built DIFFERENT
Nah Joe Jackson was huge. Wayne still has plenty of time to add size.

McCoy, Samson, Emory, Ray Ray, Wayne, Horton, Bryant, Popo, Bobby, Vandy transfer, Brown, Stafford, backup safeties.

Let’s see what these guys can do. We will need some of them by the time we get to the ACC sched

Advertisement
Nah Joe Jackson was huge. Wayne still has plenty of time to add size.
Perhaps I’m remembering incorrectly, but Wayne looks like he has a bigger frame than Joe did. Joe was older and more bulked up at the same stage, but….

I just looked up Joe Jackson and he entered our program at 6’ 4” 245 (his 247 recruiting profile said he was sub 235) but left to the league at 6’ 4” 270 (Cot****!). Wayne is currently listed at 6’ 6” 245, but might be slightly under that weight. On the field, he looks lankier than Jackson did. Wayne looks like he could grow into that 6’ 5”ish 270+ range in a few years.

In either case, if Wayne’s gonna be placed behind Bain, he’s playing a different role than Jackson did his Frosh year.

Perhaps I’m remembering incorrectly, but Wayne looks like he has a bigger frame than Joe did. Joe was older and more bulked up at the same stage, but….

I just looked up Joe Jackson and he entered our program at 6’ 4” 245 (his 247 recruiting profile said he was sub 235) but left to the league at 6’ 4” 270 (Cot****!). Wayne is currently listed at 6’ 6” 245, but might be slightly under that weight. On the field, he looks lankier than Jackson did. Wayne looks like he could grow into that 6’ 5”ish 270+ range in a few years.

In either case, if Wayne’s gonna be placed behind Bain, he’s playing a different role than Jackson did his Frosh year.
Yeah thats what I was getting at. Wayne is lankier at this stage.

Gonna be Ray Ray's coming out party. Calling a punt to the house and he's gonna get loose on offense.

Will be a fun game to watch our young talent get it
I felt bad for Ray Ray, he dusted the AM CB and was about to get a big first down for us when TVD got sacked and we missed the FG. Would have been nice for him to reel that in if TVD had just another second but he will have plenty of other chances.

I was also talking to a buddy today and he reminded me last year when we played AM Restrepo was out and George went out in the first quarter/early in the game with a hand injury and Colbie was still learning/getting his body right. We had an entirely different WR room when we played last year. Granted no Mallory this year who was our top target in AM and after that it was Keyshawn Smith who only had 40 yards receiving. After that it was Arroyo, Redding, Brashard, Knighton and Brinson. So for those counting out of the EIGHT players that caught a pass in AM last year SEVEN did not catch a pass this year. Only carryover was George.

it's so crazy that our OL is this good right now that i literally forgot we have samson waiting in the wings lol. we are truly stacking chips there

Advertisement
Get those young pups frothing like we used to have back in the day. That was as enjoyable as the first team play. Just a glimpse into to the future was so freaking good

Does anyone expect anything from Redding moving forward? Seemed like a guy that could contribute at some point but don't see him getting any meaningful PT, might as well go with the younger guys unless he's been injured.

Advertisement
Back